IS THIS WING GOOD? Post your requests here!

John Cooper

Thank you gentlemen. Your time and opinions are appreciated.

Scott

Wedge - That command pilot seems a little off to me.....shouldn't the back of the star be solid instead of indented like that? Also, the wreath leaves appear to be raised...thought these were more flat? Not saying no...just something seems a little off to me about those.

The aircrew I believe are good to go!

-dwiv

I would buy either wing, The Command Pilot looks typical of a late WWII into Korean War era version. The A.E. is also fine, although the clutches are for Wolf Brown ribbon bar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
doinworkinvans

never seen ones like those but they sure look the part?

CBI made?

CBI was my guess as well. It looks like that catch is like spot or tack welded on...that's what is giving me pause

These are frequently marked AMCRAFT. A nice wing and well worth $3.

About 15 or maybe even 20 years ago, a huge batch of these wings showed up at the Great Western Gun Show. Apparently they were old stock from a uniform shop in Hawaii (not the Wosk sister's stash). The guy was selling them for $10 each. I bought a bunch of them and flipped them for about ~$35 each a few months later. I see them on ebay now and then up around $75-100. So, you got a great deal!

I would like an opinion on this Aeronaut Pilot Badge. The prussian badge is a miniature, not full size. Assuming it is authentic, what woud the value be for this Aeronaut Pilot badge. Thanks. post-6003-0-91787700-1458673728.jpg

Your aeronaut (balloon wing) is a well-known fake. If it were authentic it would be quite valuable. THis one is worth around $20.

Allan

• 3 weeks later...

I'm of the opinion it's an authentic silver washed on brass Glider Pilot badge... and whomever the successful bidder was this morning, got the deal of the day!

Paul, I did check it out. Definitely the go to website for sterling wings.

Unfortunately on this occasion I just couldn't find a wing similar in design.

Hello, these LGB pilot wings have just come into my possession and I was wondering whether these are genuine WW2. It seems there is a bit of a double strike on the lower part of the right wing - is this usual?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Thank you for confirming they're good WW2 wings, B-17Guy. I'm just starting out collecting wings and whilst I try and go for the sure thing I can get a bit paranoid over odd flaw, et cetera, given how many fakes and reports are knocking around. I'm glad that these are good. This site is such a trove of information. Thanks again.

I have a few sets of wings I can purchase, but I'm not really a serious collector (that may change, and looking into acquiring my own reference material soon) and have very limited experience, so I would value the input of those who do.

This one feels heavy enough, but I'm not used to seeing them with solid backs. Simply marked Sterling, nothing else. Any ideas on authenticity, time period muchly welcomed.

post-161985-0-33969600-1460651224.jpg