Mine Warfare Patches, MSO MSC MCM MCS MINRON MINDIV MOMAG

Bearmon

· Decommissioned in May 1946

· While laid up in reserve at San Diego, CA she was reclassified as a Motor Minesweeper, AMS-5 and named Condor 18 February 1947

· Recommissioned for Korean War service in November 1950, Condor deployed to the combat zone in March 1951

· She provided minesweeping and patrol services off Korea and Japan to the end of the conflict in July 1953 and continued her activities in that area during the following years

· Reclassified as a Coastal Minesweeper (Old), MSC(O)-5, 7 February 1955

· Condor was loaned to Japan in March 1955 and renamed Ujishima (MCS 655)

· Returned to the U.S. Navy in 1967

· Struck from the Naval Register 31 March 1967

· Sunk as a target in August 1968.

Condor served the Navies of the United States and Japan

firefighter

Nice additions, I am not a fan of the USS Condor patch it looks like the recent manufacture coming out of Asia. Just my opinion.

Thinking the same thing.I like the ILLUSIVE in #131

Nice additions, I am not a fan of the USS Condor patch it looks like the recent manufacture coming out of Asia. Just my opinion.

A good looking gal in a bikini @ a yard sale. What more can I say, except she was so innocent looking!

Salvage Sailor

Aggressive class USS OBSERVER (MSO-461) In service 1955 to 1977

Japanese cut edge

MSO 461 USS OBSERVER 001.jpg

MSO 461 USS OBSERVER 002.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Salvage Sailor

MOMAG NINE - Mobile Mine Assembly Group Nine, Subic Bay, PI

Two different versions. Bearmon has a third larger version on post #90 of this topic

MOMAG NINE 001.jpg

MOMAG NINE 002.jpg

MOMAG NINE 003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Salvage Sailor

We have Mine Division 91 and 93 posted

MINDIV 92 1952-1957 - MINDIV 71 was renamed Mine Division Ninety Two for five years and then reverted to 71 again in 1957.

MINDIV 92 Mine Division 92 001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Salvage Sailor

MINDIV 81 - Mine Division 81, reorganized in the 1970's it became Mine Division 21, Atlantic Fleet

MINDIV 81 001.jpg

MINDIV 81 002.jpg

Salvage Sailor

USS DASH (MSO-428) cut edge very similar to Bearmons' on page 1

MSO 428 USS DASH 001.jpg

MSO 428 USS DASH 002.jpg

Salvage Sailor

MINDIV 81 - Mine Division 81, reorganized in the 1970's it became Mine Division 21, Atlantic Fleet

While looking for something else, I came across my Japanese Mine Division 81

MINDIV 81 003.jpg

MINDIV 81 004.jpg

Salvage Sailor

MINE FLOTILLA ONE

Mine Flotilla (MinFlot) ONE was formed and COMINRON THREE reported to this Commander, who wore
both MinFlot1/MinRon 3 “hats” for it’s duration - until the early seventies. Mine Division 33 consisted of ten
MSL’s, a Mike Boat (LCM), an LCPR, and one LCVP. All three Mine Divisions reported to MinFlot 1/MinRon
3, as did a mine disposal/EOD function, and the Mobile Inshore Undersea Warfare Surveillance Unit 12
(MIUWS 12), until a 1965 trip to DaNang, SVN when we dropped them off permanently for Vietnam duty. All
embarked units were transported aboard the USS Epping Forest MCS-7, and the MSC’s often sailed
independently, but convoyed with EF frequently to many WesPac destinations as a mine flotilla.

Mine Flotilla One 001.jpg

Mine Flotilla One 002.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Salvage Sailor

Agressive class USS FORCE (MSO-445) In service 1955 to 1973 (Lost at Sea due to fire)

Unfortunately the ship was lost by fire in the After Engine Room on 24 April 1973 while enroute from Subic Bay to Guam. The fire apparently was caused by a leak in the fuel line on one of the outboard main engines.

There were quite a few Naval Facilities in Long Beach at the time, including the Naval Shipyard, Naval Station, and several piers. A number of destroyers were home ported there as well as all of the Pacific force minesweepers. Force was assigned to Mine Division (MINEDIV) 72. We were referred to as “Can Do 72”. The other ships in our division included:
USS Firm (MSO 444) – Division flagship
USS Prime (MSO 466)
USS Embattle (MSO 434)
USS Reaper (MSO 467)

USS FORCE XO's story http://www.navyhistory.org/2013/06/minesweeper-uss-force-mso-445-experiences/

MSO 445 USS FORCE 001.jpg

MSO 445 USS FORCE 002.jpg