Sign in to follow this  
Bearmon

Mine Warfare Patches, MSO MSC MCM MCS MINRON MINDIV MOMAG

MOMAG - Mobile Mine Assembly Groups Nine and Eleven

Before 1975, mine shops around the world were divisions of various naval magazines or ordnance facilities. This arrangement frequently put the magazine's priorities above those of the mine shop's, resulting in Minemen often being assigned to divisions outside their rating. On 1 July 1975, the reorganization of the mine force resulted in the establishment of both the Commander, Mine Warfare Command (COMINEWARCOM) and the Com­mander, Mobile Mine Assembly Group (COMOMAG). This reorganization established MOMAG detachments and units located around the world.

MOMAG NINE AND ELEVEN 001.jpg

Awesome patches. The USS FORTIFY (#51) from End Sweep is beautiful and Philippine made, like the original End Sweep TF-78 patches.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098

Awesome patches. The USS FORTIFY (#51) from End Sweep is beautiful and Philippine made, like the original End Sweep TF-78 patches.

Yep, that's a nice one. I usually look for those attributed to ships or ID'd to crewmen, this one met both measures.