OIF Flight Gear

hawkdriver

Naw, I call Boo Shee. That vest ain't correct unless you have a SARVIP armor plate! :think: Nice stand in though!

AHH no biggy you sit in a Kevlar seat anyway, lol A couple of guys I knew in Germany had those black vests. They were private purchased by the unit for deployment. There a verson of the ones 160th wore at the time-2003-2004.

I know, just throwing a jab at Swag since he hasn't been around lately. I had a TF vest that I used to use during the Counter Drug days, think I sold it to someone on this board as a matter of fact. The SARVIP armor was hideous, it was heavy and rested on your thighs and cut the circulation off. I think I may even have one laying around here somewhere, or I sold it off and forgot about it.

I know, just throwing a jab at Swag since he hasn't been around lately. I had a TF vest that I used to use during the Counter Drug days, think I sold it to someone on this board as a matter of fact. The SARVIP armor was hideous, it was heavy and rested on your thighs and cut the circulation off. I think I may even have one laying around here somewhere, or I sold it off and forgot about it.

hawk - been doing more lurking than posting lately.

The black body armor wasn't that bad actually, it didn't cut of the circulation like the Air Warrior body armor did. Never had the official, designed for the SARVIP armor only the private purchase stuff we called Griffin Armor. I miss the one piece flight suits. I took all my one pieces with me for OIF 07/09 but was not allowed to wear 'em sine we had the wonderful AACU.

Oh, I know. Getting packed up for my third turn and once again, getting handed a crappy uniform. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I may end up with a set of Multi-cam flight suit, that would be sweet, but i'm not holding my breath.

Awww come on Swag, you know you wanna be a Guard Bum Aviator like the rest of us! I could even get ya a transition to a REAL airplane...

:D

hahaaha...I'm happy just being a Bum. 'Sides, it was nice having a birth month without having to worry about an APART. No more 5 & 9, no aeromed, no aerodynamics, no instrument/nvg/stanz rides....aaaahhhhhhhhhhh, big sigh of relief.

Cobrahistorian
hahaaha...I'm happy just being a Bum. 'Sides, it was nice having a birth month without having to worry about an APART. No more 5 & 9, no aeromed, no aerodynamics, no instrument/nvg/stanz rides....aaaahhhhhhhhhhh, big sigh of relief.

Damn.... :( since you put it that way.....

Where's my damn -10 and my 240, I've got gunnery coming up in 2 weeks....

Alright, to start this off, here is a picture of the current Gen II Air Warrior ensemble. The ensemble consist of the PSGC (personal survival gear carrier), the Armor with SAPI inserts, the AACU flight suit, and then the HGU-56 helmet. A crewchief will typically wear the Maxillo Facial Shield (MFS) and will wear a second plate in the back of his vest. Pilots don't wear the back plate because the seat is armored.

2q04u37.jpg

I finally found a good shot of me wearing my Maxillo Facial Shield in use. In the heat of the summer I didnt use it as much unless doing assaults in nasty desert country. It was awsome in winter helping to keep your face a little warmer ;)

post-9577-1264721202.jpg

I know know where you are at! Not many places that blue C-130's with meatballs go!

AHHH yes, your old stomping ground!!! ;) We were lucky we went as far south as that nice city :thumbdown: and north as far as you can go!! So I was able to see alot of country. I logged 1000hrs in that deployment.

Slacker! 1000 hours? you obviously are not taking your additional duties seriously. This time, I am going to be in the south, so It's going to be like a whole new vacation!

I know know where you are at! Not many places that blue C-130's with meatballs go!

hahaha...I remember seeing the meatball. I had to do a double take, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. Did the tourist thing and broke out the camera.

Slacker! 1000 hours? you obviously are not taking your additional duties seriously. This time, I am going to be in the south, so It's going to be like a whole new vacation!

The only southern action I saw was the flight up. I didnt take my additional duties very seriously. I was really good at them and always had my stuff squared away. But being there for a deployment stopped lossed really sucks and cost me my dream job. Id have to look at my 759 but I think I logged about 1025 combat for the deployment.

AHHH yes, your old stomping ground!!! ;) We were lucky we went as far south as that nice city :thumbdown: and north as far as you can go!! So I was able to see alot of country. I logged 1000hrs in that deployment.

what of AZ are you from ..i used to live in Gilbert Az around warner ave area ..

i found it funny that the Army useing stop loss program to keep people in when i and a bunch of my friend who all medical out tried to get back into the Army and they where telling us because of beening medical out that where not fit enough to ride a desk and free up a person who was fit enough to go overseas ..we all tried to get the highers up to think about takeing a medical out person who all ready trained and ready for the duty with the army in diff mos that we all trained in and could be bought up to speed and all ready have the skill that is need and replaceing the person who was fit to go overseas and we would fill the post intill they came homeor keeeping us as long as need but they turned us down and in a nice letter said that they all ready had enough people and they where doing fine with the people that they had

what of AZ are you from ..i used to live in Gilbert Az around warner ave area ..

i found it funny that the Army useing stop loss program to keep people in when i and a bunch of my friend who all medical out tried to get back into the Army and they where telling us because of beening medical out that where not fit enough to ride a desk and free up a person who was fit enough to go overseas ..we all tried to get the highers up to think about takeing a medical out person who all ready trained and ready for the duty with the army in diff mos that we all trained in and could be bought up to speed and all ready have the skill that is need and replaceing the person who was fit to go overseas and we would fill the post intill they came homeor keeeping us as long as need but they turned us down and in a nice letter said that they all ready had enough people and they where doing fine with the people that they had

Im in the Tucson Area. Well dont feel bad. I was an E-5 and the economy is so bad here I looked at going back to the Army after 6 months of being out. They said id be more than welcome to come back but I would be demoted to E-3 and have to reclass into a new MOS. Whatever since that makes.

Im in the Tucson Area. Well dont feel bad. I was an E-5 and the economy is so bad here I looked at going back to the Army after 6 months of being out. They said id be more than welcome to come back but I would be demoted to E-3 and have to reclass into a new MOS. Whatever since that makes.

Why don't you go to the Guard? Just about everyone is hurting for crew chiefs and I know that we would almost hire you right off the street here.

Why such a reduction in rank after 6 months? Normally you might loose one rank and surely dropping you to Corporal wouldnt be so bad. That blows IMHO.

Picked up another ABDU from 03 this one with the velcro placement for patches. Lucky me. Now I just need to get some OIF Army Aviation patches.

Why don't you go to the Guard? Just about everyone is hurting for crew chiefs and I know that we would almost hire you right off the street here.

The AZ guard wanted me when I first got out to be in their new Med. I chose to wait a little to see where my job took me. Well the job flopped and I had to go to a recruiter. They dont need 15T's they could maybe make me a apache guy. Id like to think they could find me a home with 1200hrs and multiple sikorsky awards and still current army flight physical. Sorry for the rant. I would move to get a spot if there was a job I could fall into and support my family. As for the reduction in rank the active army just doesnt need guys. Gotta love the new administration.

SNAKE36BRAVO Awsome find on the abdu's !! I had to turn in mine when I left the army. Have yo picked up the current A2CU issue digital sets yet?

Brandon

SNAKE36BRAVO Awsome find on the abdu's !! I had to turn in mine when I left the army. Have yo picked up the current A2CU issue digital sets yet?

hehe...I've got all my ABDU's along with my A2CU's, one piece tan's, and one piece greens.

It doesn't matter what service you join (or want to join) after having been out for any amount of time as all the services like to take rank away when you re-join. Everyone I've ever met that chose to return to uniform lost rank, some more than others. Its crazy but it is what it is.

Thats very true, it is what it is. So hence why im enjoying civilian life. I only got to keep my A2CU's. I didnt have deserts or 1 peice greens :crying:

• 5 months later...
1965econoline

I was over in Iraq with the 36th CAB I was with A co. 2/211 from the Utah guard attached to 2/135 GSAB from the Colorado guard.... good times...

Thats very true, it is what it is. So hence why im enjoying civilian life. I only got to keep my A2CU's. I didnt have deserts or 1 peice greens :crying:

• 3 months later...

Raising this one from the dead. Is there an Army pub for the Air Warrior system? A -10 or something of the sort? Ive got a bunch of questions on the little tid bits that are on the PSGC.

•What exactly are the adapter platforms for and how are they mounted to the vest?

•What are the 3 foliage green colored D rings used for on the left side of the vest?

•What are the 6 black colored rectangular rings used for positions throughout the vest?

Thats about it for now, hopefully someone issued with the AW vest can possibly explain these Q's.

Id imagine some of those rings have to do with the CB setup with the blower etc, and the over water kit being fastened on. Id like to know for sure thought. Trying to catch up on the Army ALSE used presently.

This looks like a place I may be hanging out for awhile. Mostly medics and pilots. My kinda place....I'll get home and post some of my flight gear for ya.