Garment Bags made with Charcoal

Mitter2k1

I came across these on ebay and I like the look of them. But upon further reading I noticed that they said they have charcoal in them. The purpose is to absorb odors, moisure and prevent the growth of bacteria and fungi. 2 of the 3 sound pretty good but the absorption of moisture bothers me. I know that moisture can cause mold and other bad things to happen to your uniforms. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with these? Here is the eBay listing number and a pic.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted Image

I am assuming that the use of charcoal means the bags are able to breathe, without allowing contaminants into the bag. I assume this means that by breathing you will not get condensation inside the bag, thus prevent a moisture build up.

I would e skeptical of such things unless I saw any conservation testing info on them (who knows what else it is mad of), I'd look in any of the museum supplies catalogs like university products and see of they are there. They may be serious museum quality items, or some garbage ' as seen on TV'

Thanks for your input. The listing says they are inert, so that is a plus if it is true. I'm kind of skeptical but if these are of a higher quality, I'd like to see some supporting evidence. I'm surprised this hasn't received more responses than it has.

Thanks,

Mike

They are not an airborne item.

Lol! That made my night. Maybe this will catch some attention. I want to put Major Winters' Ike jacket in one of these. Any info on these bags?

Mike