"Do these jeans make my...

439th Signal Battalion

439th Signal Battalion

...rear look too large" is a question that we husbands have been asked may times in the past, so when I asked my wife, "if the pig makes my bunker look big," she just rolled her eyes and walked away.

DSC02177_zps0b5b6e0a.jpg

DSC02174_zps571b3e8b.jpg

DSC02172_zpsd9405c61.jpg

Seriously though, the M60 is an airsoft gun that I bought my history-nut son for Christmas, The detail, weight, and all-around realism on this piece is scary cool.

439th Signal Battalion

OINK OINK! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE

that's pretty good for airsoft right there.

Very true!

I'd rather keep my name on the down-low with one of those rather than have a friendly chat and giggles with my local ATF agent...

Very true!

I'd rather keep my name on the down-low with one of those rather than have a friendly chat and giggles with my local ATF agent...

yeah, I don't blame you there, a bit realistic for a toy. you wont try to cross the Canadian border with it. double dog dare!

I would also set the claymore up. nothing says "home security" like people wondering if its real.

That is too cool. I remember as a kid I thought the Parris Mfg. Co. 1903 was realistic, and kids these days have this. And it actually shoots something! That is way cooler in my opinion.

Mike

439th Signal Battalion

This, along with a couple other of these airsoft pieces, will suffice and pass the 10 ft. rule when doing displays and presentations where real firearms are not allowed.

That is too cool. I remember as a kid I thought the Parris Mfg. Co. 1903 was realistic, and kids these days have this. And it actually shoots something! That is way cooler in my opinion.

Mike

I remember that! The Parris 1903 and Davy Crocket musket are probably the best toy rifles (and by far the most used) I had as a kid.

Patchcollector

And M16's too!Now all you need is a M79!I found this Airsoft version online.

Here is the description:

Do some thumping during airsoft skirmishes with this M79 Thumper Grenade Launcher made by 5KU. This is now at RedWolf Airsoft for US$139.00... "The real steel M79 40mm grenade launcher is single shot man-portable grenade launcher firing the 40 x 46mm low-velocity grenade. Having been used in the US Army since 1960, is has seen use around the world and in countless movies, TV shows and video games.

With its distinctive sound during firing, it has been nicknamed 'Thumper', 'Thump-Gun', 'Bloop Tube', and 'Blooper' among American soldiers (Australians calling it the 'Wombat Gun'). Although there are many styles of grenade launchers now, as there indeed are in Airsoft as well, the M79 remains a classic.

The 5KU is composed of metal and real wood with high attention to detail and it all fits together nicely. Just to be clear, it does not fit together like some factory perfect weapon, its fits together solidly but with just a touch of frayed edges, dark wood and textured metal to give it a really used veteran feel. At 725mm long, it is 6mm shorter then the real thing and is only 900g lighter.

That said, at 2 kg it is not that light and at 72cm it is not small but certain games set limits for grenade launcher size for fear of too many people using high mobility mini launchers which can unbalance short range fighting. At the very least, the M79 distinct looks add a flare of the dramatic as well as the old school look.

The main assembly and stock are held together very securely but only by one large Allen / Hex screw so the weapon is packaged and can be transported in a more compact form if you need too though this exposes the internal trigger parts so take care in protecting those in storage."

post-13386-0-07184800-1387464444.jpg

post-13386-0-93218700-1387464451.jpg