12th Security Police Squadron

Bobby

The 9th Rok has three bars not connected around the horse..

I was going to say 9th ROK Division too.It does resemble it but as Bobby stated the white line is not broken and the tail is facing the wrong way.I don't think it's the 12th SPS either.

According to a couple members of the VSPA this is a ROK patch and apparently was placed on the website in error ....Thanks Everyone

Bobby

Constituted 12th Air Police Squadron (27) Oct 1950, Activated on 01 Nov 1950, assigned 12th Air Base Group, (under Strategic Air Command) Turner AFB, GA. Relocated to Bergstrom AFB, Texas on 05 Dec 1950. 12th Air Police Squadron, Inactivated on 08 Jun 1952
12th Air Police Squadron, Reactivated and Assigned to 12th Combat Support Group, (Manned from elements of the 836th Air Police Squadron (TAC) Transferer of personnel to Vietnam, on 03 Nov 1965. Squadron Organized at Cam Ranh Bay, RVN, with the first elements arriving in RVN on 08 Nov 1965. Redesignated 12th Security Police Squadron, 15 May 1967
12th Security Police Squadron relocated to Phu Cat Air Base replacing the 37th Security Police Squadron, 31 Mar 1970
12th Security Police Squadron deactivated, November 17 1971; mission was assumed by the 483rd Security Police Squadron

12th Security Police Squadron Reactivated on 01 May 1972 at Randolph AFB, Texas under Air Training Command, (Assigned to the 12th Air Base Group) replacing the 3510th Security Police Squadron. In 1992 the 12th Security Police Squadron was redesignated as the 12th Security Forces Squadron

Inactivated on 31 January 2010, replaced by the 502nd Security Forces Squadron when Randolph AFB became Randolph Field under the newly designated Joint Base - San Antonio

Terry L Horstead

post-3627-0-79354500-1387230877.jpg

post-3627-0-32169800-1387230900.jpg

The owner of the patch (9th ROK) on VSPA informed me he was with the 12th SPS and assigned as a Liaison to the 6th Company , 30th Regiment , 9th ROK White Horse Division..He was authorized to wear this patch on his uniform while he was with the ROK troops...While it is not an official 12th SPS patch, it was nevertheless worn by someone who was a member of the 12th SPS ..just as they also wore the Vietnamese QC Patch...

Bobby

nguoi tien su

I have a FAC jacket with a Capital Division patch on the shoulder. The pilot was ALO/FAC. So it might be possible.

Yet, two things:

- I doubt this one is original (compare with the one on VSPA for example).

- I understand the assignment of an ALO/FAC to a friendly unit. However I do not understand a SP being assigned to a a Korean unit when they have their own police? Do you know what was the purpose of his mission?

The patch I have is not original..I am sure it is a copy.. The individual who gave me the information apparently spoke Korean and they needed someone to coordinate with the ROK Units.