'American War Dad' Certificate

US82Bravo

Here is another paper item to an organization I had never heard of until I found this at a second-hand store.

post-8013-0-26307700-1386991761.jpg

A different kind of document without much information found about the organization so far. Research in progress.

Larry

Today we would call that a support group.

I am sure many fathers during those times banded together while their sons (and daughters) were off to war. It may have been daily talk at the local store, or weekly after church. But I imagine between listening to war news, watching the newsreels, and the delays in receiving censored letters took their toll on parents. The only saving grace was that the war affected a much wider group within the community than it would today.

Thanks "gwb123".

I found this information on several websites of current active chapters.

"The American war dads was formed in 1942 by a group of 40 men in Kansas City at the suggestion of Nat Milgram whose son was an army captain overseas. They wanted to work together to help their sons and daughters in the armed forces. The American War dads grew to 500 Chapters in 42 states and had a membership of 70,000. The War Dads is a non-partisan,-non-sectarian and non-profit organization."

This specific information came from the Reginald Ziegler Memorial Chapter#44 - Palmyra, NY site.

Larry