My Grenade Collection cont.

timmymac

1. M25A2 CS1 ABC Riot Control 2. M84 STUN 3. Nico-Flash/Sound (GER.) 4. Ground Pyro-Simulator 5. CTS M7290 Flash-Bang 6. P1 A6 Flash-Bang (Czech)

post-133445-0-75618600-1386856668.jpg

TreasureHunter

Very nice, love the chrome pineapple! I have some live smoke, not sure the police would like red smoke filling my culdesac though. Unique collection you have.

Bill

MIDDLE ROW

Practice MK Il's L to R. WWII throwing practice ; WWII MK II Practice ; WWII MK II Practice

M21 practice (late); M21 practice (early)

post-133445-0-05707200-1386857292.jpg

Very nice, love the chrome pineapple! I have some live smoke, not sure the police would like red smoke filling my culdesac though. Unique collection you have.

Thanks T-Hunter. One of the cool things about this forums is that ya get to enjoy other collectors stuff!!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

These Belgian grenades are some of my favs.

LtoR; M72 Practice/Drill grenade;Defensive Type PRB 423. (aka.M72);Offensive Type PRB 446

post-133445-0-16301300-1387803518.jpg

• 1 month later...

I really love the grenades you have shared with the forum, it is quite impressive. So I guess you would be the one to ask about a m83 white smoke grenade I was just given. Were they used in Vietnam or were they developed later for use in the 80's or 90's. I am trying to figure out where in my collection to put it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Vic

Hello Vic

I'm very sorry I'm so late responding!!

I'm doublechecking right now but I believe during the Vietnam War an AN-M8 would've been in use still. I can't remember when that changed to M83 due to harmful chemicals in the older one. I don't know much Vic, but I know people that know EVERYTHING! I'll get back with you soon with an answer:)

Johan Willaert

These Belgian grenades are some of my favs.

LtoR; M72 Practice/Drill grenade;Defensive Type PRB 423. (aka.M72);Offensive Type PRB 446

Having been an instructor teaching about these for many years, can I just add that these seem to be all M72 models, with the on the left being a Practice type as described.

However the middle one is also an offensive grenade M72

PRB is the factory (Poudreries Réunies de Belgique located at Balen) with the three digit numbers being lot numbers..

Johan, they would appear the same (except color ) but the brown colored OFFENSIVE grenade does NOT have fragmentation matrix that the DEFFENSIVE(OD) does. Both of these. (Not the Prac) came from a friend of mine in Belgium. Check out this site lexpev.nl. Once there go to Grenade section; Europe; Belgium; there you'll find these distinctions There is also

Manufacturers tech data/ advertisement in the M 72 (PRB Nr423) section.

Johan Willaert

Do you know there are two versions of the M73??? Both PRAC and DRILL

The PRAC can be fitted with a PRAC Igniter which has a very limited amount of explosive, while the DRILL has a Drill Igniter which realeases the spoon without any kind of explosion...

I find it weird that on that website the maker's lotnumber is used as a model number... If you look at the crate shown on the site you can see PRB 74 which is the lot number for the M72s inside...

All I can say is that in over 30 years of Service in the Infantry and as an Arms and Grenades instructor I have never seen different types of M72s nor do I know any official Army Manual differences in M72 grenades.... And we cant ask the PRB company as it doesn't exist anymore...

Anyway, not important as Belgian grenades are not the scope of this board...

Nice collection!!

Yes this is the Prac as it still has remnants of charge, I have a drill also but not pictured.

Always a pleasure to discuss grenades.

• 3 weeks later...