Coca Cola WWII Military Ads

Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson
Here is the only one that I own, I dont know what magazine it is out of but it is dated 1940 so actually pre-war, but still my favorite of them all.

IMG_3157_1.JPG

That's a great one. Coke hired some of the best illustrators of the time to do those old ads and there seems to be a lot of historical accuracy in the images, which makes them all the more interesting.

There's a website at http://www.digitaldeliftp.com/LookAround/a...t_cocacola5.htm which some more on Coke's wartime advertising and they show a couple of the ads my album is missing, including that China ad from December 1943:

chinaad.jpg

Bob Hudson

I had thought this album was missing the April 1945 image of soldiers (and sailors) in Italy but I found it in there tonight. The sailors actually look like Naval officers and/or CPO's.

0445.jpg

0445cu.jpg

0445cu2.jpg

brandon_rss18
I had thought this album was missing the April 1945 image of soldiers (and sailors) in Italy but I found it in there tonight. The sailors actually look like Naval officers and/or CPO's.

post-214-1210223469.jpg

post-214-1210223479.jpg

post-214-1210223491.jpg

i love how they detailed all the different patches and associated them on the soldiers based on where they are in the paintings, love the 3rd div patches

Bob Hudson
i love how they detailed all the different patches and associated them on the soldiers based on where they are in the paintings, love the 3rd div patches

If you look on ebay you can find some other WWII Coke ads that did not appear in National Geographic: some of them are quite interesting and you can pick up single original 1940's ad for $3-10, generally at the lower end of that range.

• 10 years later...

Here is the only one that I own, I dont know what magazine it is out of but it is dated 1940 so actually pre-war, but still my favorite of them all.

attachicon.gifIMG_3157_1.JPG

It looks like this add was the inspiration for this drip protector....

post-169612-0-96044700-1533553953.jpg

Rene

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, patches said:

I had forgotten about those: thanks so much for updating the thread. Now I gotta get up and go grab a Diet Coke from the fridge.

Two period photos overseas

Location and Date unknown, a Supply Dump somewhere, Coca Cola Crates may be Empty and gathered for refills??

(Note this GI is wearing a U.S, removed from an EM Screw back collar disc or an Officers one, cap piping may be QM Buff.

img_6.jpg

And a Marine somewhere out in the Pacific, not sure if the Coca Cola Refrigerator or whatever they're called is working, area looks kinda busted up, looks like an abandoned enemy area no?

85.jpg

General Apathy
13 hours ago, patches said:

And a Marine somewhere out in the Pacific, not sure if the Coca Cola Refrigerator or whatever they're called is working, area looks kinda busted up, looks like an abandoned enemy area no?

85.jpg

Hi Patches,

Thanks for this shot, don't recall seeing it before, I'm mainly into Normandy photos as I live here.  Went to an auto-jumble last weekend and saw a circular red Coca-Cola fridge ( imagine a bass drum shape ), should have taken a photo of it never saw that shape before. Interesting

on the Coca-Cola check ( cheque ) that the date 1-11-44 is perforated into it.  

A couple of photos from my Coke collection, I have bottles dated 42 - 43 - 44 - 45,  still looking for a 41 dated bottle.  In 2018 I sold a 1937 dated German manufactured Coca-Cola bottle, I still have a 1939 example, I believe the sale of Cola stopped in Germany once America joined the war in December 1941. 

.fullsizeoutput_dc50.jpeg.8fc580abc7de3e971a1a4c2dc6446956.jpeg

.fullsizeoutput_dc5b.jpeg.9c294e9c7992a0bb0605bb7cd6a932da.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_dc65.jpeg.c6dc0f229cc42938a7d85e506a0dd20e.jpeg

regards lewis.

provably have most all of  these or doubles still on the war time magazines. No one wants the old National Georgraphic magazines unless they are the insignia issues. Saw dozens and dozens over the years torn off magazines and framed.

also recently bought a lot of adds from Life. I  saw the seller a month ago at the flea market. He had the complete magazines. Went back and he now has tore them all apart as he didnt want to have the magazines take up space.

• 2 months later...