M3 grease gun value

ardennes44

The model I carried for a short while did not have the operating handle, and it was cocked by inserting your finger into a cut out in the bolt. Not familiar with the different models. I tried using it out of a scout helicopter, but too heavy and not controllable one handed.

ThompsonSavage

The model I carried for a short while did not have the operating handle, and it was cocked by inserting your finger into a cut out in the bolt. Not familiar with the different models. I tried using it out of a scout helicopter, but too heavy and not controllable one handed.

You had an M3A1, post-WW2 model without the cocking handle.

The M3A1 was a WW2 weapon developed and issued from late '44. The cocking handle of the M3 was shown to be prone to damage in combat. I'm not surprised Hueytaxi found it to be a handful when fired one-handed! It weighs nigh-on 10 lbs and the kick from those those big .45 pistol rounds is considerable! Actually, the "Grease Gun" was still standard issue in US Army armored vehicles as late as the 90s!

Bonjour.

Here is my copy M3A1 is unfortunately neutralized!

I understand that this Mod. was used during WWII? I've never seen pictures.

solcarlus.

post-241-0-34618300-1387030980.jpg

post-241-0-52563200-1387030955.jpg

post-241-0-64753100-1387031027.jpg

Hi guys

I found this on the web , is is normal to find a coveŕ spring on a first model m3 !

The coveŕ spring is not for the m3a1 ????

Thanks for reply post-108669-0-24902200-1387194935.jpg

post-108669-0-76878600-1387194967.jpg

Johan Willaert

If you're referring to the magazine catch protector; no those were not original to the M3

But most had them added in later life... I have removed them from several M3s in recent years...

You need to take off the trigger guard and box with lever to be able to remove it...