M3 grease gun value

ardennes44

Hello guys

I saw in the us an m3 grease gun first model for sale (21k)???

Is it normal to pay 21k for a grease gun ? Mint an full auto

Thanks for reply

If it is an original C&R WWII model, like Ithaca or whatever I have seen them run that high, but to me they should be more around 15k. I think there are some out there that are parts kits that were assembled on other receivers, but I can't remember the maker. Those would be worth less. But yeah I would imagine if you really want one, you might have to pay that.

I presume that the licensed (or whatever you call it) examples are $20k. But I suspect the black-market price for a gun you can't legally transfer would be a lot less.

Johan Willaert

In Europe a full auto grease gun shouldn't cost more than around 750-1000, TSMG depending on model are even cheaper...

Of course you would need the license to own it..

I have two M3 GGuns and I paid both 250Euro/300USdollar

There is no comparing the sale of full auto guns in Europe or the US...

Charlie Flick

Thx for reply , and is a thompson m1a1 more or less expensive ?

TSMGs are more expensive. I have a pal who bought a very nice, registered M1A1 within the past year and paid $25,000 and was happy to have it.

Regards,

Charlie

Around 40 USD in 40's and now 25k woooowww

TSMGs are more expensive. I have a pal who bought a very nice, registered M1A1 within the past year and paid $25,000 and was happy to have it.

Regards,

Charlie

Johan Willaert

Someone have info about the production?

For whatever reason I cannot paste an url here anymore, but google 90th Infantry Reenactment and you should find an article which tells all about the Grease Gun and its WW2 history..

M3A1 Ithicas bring the highest amount (16-21K)

M3A1 WW2 GLs bring 2nd highest (15-19K)

M3 GL are between 12-16K

M3A1 Medinas (spelling) are guns that were built from left over parts and stampings (10-15K) are the lowest value G.G.s out there.

M3A1 Ithicas bring the highest amount (16-21K)

M3A1 WW2 GLs bring 2nd highest (15-19K)

M3 GL are between 12-16K

M3A1 Medinas (spelling) are guns that were built from left over parts and stampings (10-15K) are the lowest value G.G.s out there.

Thx for reply why the second model are more expensive ?

Sabrejet,

Beautiful grease gun you have there!!!! I am assuming(not good) that this is deactivated in order for you to own it. How was this done on this particular weapon?? Just curious.

Mike

Alas, yes Mike. As you probably already know, ownership of "live" weapons is illegal in the UK, so this is a de-activated example. It functions in every other respect apart from firing as it was de-activated in 1995 (see the applied proof-house marks below) Changes to the law since then mean that current de-acts are welded-up with few moving parts. I'm not sure how the de-activation of mine was achieved, but probably the firing pin has been ground off and a plug welded into the barrel to block it and to permanently lock it in place? A de-activation certificate is issued with such weapons and they are legally held. Re-sale values are reassuringly high! :)

post-8022-0-38926000-1386861951.jpg