Help Identifying DUI Hallmark

KY_Wolverine

I recently picked up a modern-era DUI sporting the hallmark HO1 (or H01), but haven't been able to find anything online to identify the manufacturer. I'd bet that this has been covered before, but my search skills aren't honed enough to find the info. Your help is greatly appreciated.

post-121032-0-05140600-1386718246.jpg

I initially thought it was IOH, but there is a little tick on one end of the I making it appear to be a 1 (if you examine the photo you'll see it). Besides, I was not aware that IOH actually manufactured insignia.

I'm not sure of the manufacturer, but this appears to be (in my opinion) a sample DI for the Institute of Heraldry. They're marked IOH. I have several in my collection marked in a similar fashion. These appear from time to time at shows. This is what I've been told by more knowledgible collectors.

Ah, ok. I hadn't seen one of these before so I was unaware that they were floating about in the market. I appreciate your patience and willingness to help out a new guy that doesn't intuitively possess this sort of information.

Wolverine,

If you are a member of ASMIC try looking into some back issues of the TRADING POST or DI catalogs. I think they have a list of known manufacturers hallmarks.

If you need some help, let me know. I think I have a list.

Leigh

Thanks Leigh. Yes, I recently joined ASMIC and have been ordering catalogs as funding allows. Their online index of the Trading Post has been very helpful, I just didn't get any hits on this query so I took it to the forum.

Thanks Leigh. Yes, I recently joined ASMIC and have been ordering catalogs as funding allows. Their online index of the Trading Post has been very helpful, I just didn't get any hits on this query so I took it to the forum.

No problem.. Welcome to the Forum and ASMIC.. You will much valuable information at both sources..

Leigh

At least 3 ASMIC Trading Post issues have DI hallmark lists.

Jan. - Mar. 1986

July - Sept 1987

April - June 1988

There are likely more of these as well.