A couple of CCC patches I had on my desk

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

Here are a couple of flocked Civilian Conservation Corps patches I had sitting on my desk.

The first is just a generic one. The second is for Company 1174.

ccc.jpg

ccc1174.jpg

jimmyhanklane

I have a couple of 1918 dated M1910 canteen cups with identically stamped C.C.C. on the handles. Do you think its possible it stands for the Civilian Consevation Corps? I will try to post some pics if I can get around to it.

I have a couple of 1918 dated M1910 canteen cups with identically stamped C.C.C. on the handles. Do you think its possible it stands for the Civilian Consevation Corps? I will try to post some pics if I can get around to it.

Yes, feel free to start a thread in the Field Equipment section - we would love to seem them.

RC

Here are a couple of flocked Civilian Conservation Corps patches I had sitting on my desk.

The first is just a generic one. The second is for Company 1174.

Very nice, I always liked the CCC stuff.

It looks like company 1174 served in Massachusetts. Here is a link which includes a small photo of a member of the company: http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dcr/get-involved/civilian-conservation-corps-ccc/the-history-of-ccc.html

vintageproductions

Lance, I am right there with you. For years I believed anything that started with a CC should have skulls, daggers and snakes....

The CCC operated from 1933-1942.

BUT, I suppose they could have been used in that later era as well. So much of this stuff was used in later wars and in government use. So you never know.