Jeff. Q.M.D. 1942 FA pouch... Airborne

Fausto

Fausto,

I found odd variations of the M1942 FA pouch dated 1942 as well. This one is made with a short stubby body from( CADILLAC FABRICS 1942)

Craig

post-7997-0-99788500-1387250015.jpg

Thanks for listing the marker of the B. A .B canvas company. Here is a odd duck from B.A.B 1943 the canvas is pea green! and not the khaki color of typical WWII canvas gear.

my camera didn't get the correct color but next to it is the typical khaki canvas.

Craig

post-7997-0-43037500-1387250323.jpg

Lets not forget the first aid bandges!

Some rare & not so! The bottom left is dated Jan. 1942 I would think this one is the first contracts of WWII for bandges.

Craig

post-7997-0-90160500-1387250613.jpg

Nice pouches and nice bandages Craig...

I have three Cadillac Fabrics 1942 pouches and I know that there are also 1941 dated ones, but never got one... Someone wonders if these pouches have something to do with the famous car manufacturer, but I incline to think that they have simply to do with the Cadillac town, in Michigan...

Fausto

Yes. Don't forget the bandages. Just as much fun collecting them. When I started in Law Enforcement in the 60s our first aid kits were filled with surplus WWII Items. Wish I would have saved more. We threw crates full away.

post-551-0-63752500-1387290979.jpg

post-551-0-94168200-1387290996.jpg

post-551-0-94168200-1387290996.jpg

Greetings, Fausto-

The stapled tag on the Pouch in the first pic is indeed an old price tag, and it has been there a lo-o-o-ng time, as the staples are quite rusted :)

Here is a couple of the earliest M1924s I've found through the years (for my fellow Web Guys, the Belt is a "Froelich")...

post-3226-0-52256300-1387318674.jpg

Here are some shots of the M1910 Dressing Pouches produced at Jeffersonville in 1942 (the Belt and Tommy Mag Pouch are both "Russell").

I have been told that these were made on a Marine Corps contract, but thus far it remains just hearsay, likely another "collector story".

Anyhow, I have these Pouches displayed with the M.C. stuff...just in case :rolleyes:

post-3226-0-27266600-1387319075.jpg

Nice stuff Flage Guy !

I love in particular the The Hoff Mfg. Co. 1940 pouch. Up today I wasn't able to catch one in pristine condition. I have a .45 mag pouch and an M1 Carbine mag pouch by Hoff but not the FA pouch... And I'm still wondering if someone will discover, soon or later, where the Hoff firm was located...

I'm also wondering if the J.& A. Shoe firm was the same who manufactured other items (canteen covers for example) marking them just J.A. Shoe ...

Thanks for posting those nice pictures!

Fausto

Fausto, my thanks for the compliments. I have several "Hoff" items in the pile, and like yours, they are all small items like Dressing Pouches and Clip Pouches. I just did an Internet search, and found no clues leading to "Hoff Manufacturing Co.".

I would wager high that "J.&A. Shoe" and "J.A. Shoe" are one and the same; they appeared to be a large plant similar to "Boyt Harness" which produced Jungle Packs, Canteen Covers and all sorts of other web gear. I found "J.&A. Shoe Co." in Gardena, California on the Web, but for some reason I am not able to paste the link here. This must be the same folks!

Fausto, my thanks for the compliments. I have several "Hoff" items in the pile, and like yours, they are all small items like Dressing Pouches and Clip Pouches. I just did an Internet search, and found no clues leading to "Hoff Manufacturing Co.".

I would wager high that "J.&A. Shoe" and "J.A. Shoe" are one and the same; they appeared to be a large plant similar to "Boyt Harness" which produced Jungle Packs, Canteen Covers and all sorts of other web gear. I found "J.&A. Shoe Co." in Gardena, California on the Web, but for some reason I am not able to paste the link here. This must be the same folks!

Flage

I agree with you on the JA Shoe being one in the same.I have encountered the DEMOINES SHOE & GLOVE aslo marked DEMOINES GLOVE.I believe they are one in the same.Typically see the canteen covers made by them but other things exist.Got any???

Thanks

RD

Flage

I agree with you on the JA Shoe being one in the same.I have encountered the DEMOINES SHOE & GLOVE aslo marked DEMOINES GLOVE.I believe they are one in the same.Typically see the canteen covers made by them but other things exist.Got any???

Thanks

RD

Ron, you got me to thinking...ya think this might be them (first "khaki" Ammo Belt I ever bought; Garden Grove Surplus, 1976, $5.95)?

I'll keep digging around to see if I can find anything with the full "Des Moines" name.

A growing display of fine Pouchery here, gents!! B)

post-3226-0-72856100-1387425393.jpg

Hi !

Digging among my canteen covers I found this full markings Des Moines Glove & Mfg. Co. 1945 ... Nothing special, I think, but it is mint & unissued... A beautiful to look at...

Oh, and I agree... Great display of fine Pouchery indeed...

Fausto

post-8381-0-69822200-1387446430.jpg

• 2 months later...