Marked Helmet Liners, The Unsung Hero Of The M-1

Bugme

Hey welcome to USMF. I took the liberty to re-post and resize image of your liner here, as outside Photo Servers/Hosts or whatever they're called are Strictly Verboten.

post-34986-0-79795200-1473825990_thumb.jpg

Now from what we can see thus far your liner looks EURO and not U.S. (Note Web Helmet Liner Strap) But In order to tell more we will need a photo of the front to see insignia better, and a photo of the suspension to see what country it is.

See this topic for the Photo Regs.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/122680-hosting-versus-posting/

• 2 weeks later...

post-34986-0-58244700-1474767946.jpg

A post WWII Marine MP late 40s or into the 50s, this Sergeant's been in a long time by the time foto was taken. Too bad foto is not color, would really love to see the colors of liner, like if base color is White or Yellow.

• 2 weeks later...
Chickenpuffball

Hey welcome to USMF. I took the liberty to re-post and resize image of your liner here, as outside Photo Servers/Hosts or whatever they're called are Strictly Verboten.

rsz_fmocljp.jpg

Now from what we can see thus far your liner looks EURO and not U.S. (Note Web Helmet Liner Strap) But In order to tell more we will need a photo of the front to see insignia better, and a photo of the suspension to see what country it is.

See this topic for the Photo Regs.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/122680-hosting-versus-posting/

I uploaded a topic on this liner if you want to check it out. I sold the liner because I thought it was a US liner but it's still interesting to look at. Thanks again for the image tip and reupload! ;D

• 5 weeks later...
Redstalker1977

Hi guys this airborne liner arrived with some pretty interesting markings that I need help with to identify the markings. I have typed the hand applied markings that I can make out below:-

Front of liner reads

"A" Co

TOP OF THE ROCK

NCOIC

and on the rear of the liner reads

TOP OF THE ROCK

"A" Co

2? 30th IN?

The question marks are where the paint has chipped away leaving a partial letter or number. Googling TOP OF THE ROCK with airborne comes up with an airborne engineer battalions motto but I'm not sure if this is right and the NCOIC stands for non commissioned officer in charge? This is as far as I have managed to get with this. Would love any help you could give me thanks.post-164127-0-97526900-1478514598_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Buffalo Grunt

Here is a new purchase of mine via E-Bay. I know nothing about this liner, but I have a gut feeling that it might be from the 1966 Presidential visit to South Korea (Lyndon B. Johnson) Liner is a WWII Firestone .. The Painted Presidential Eagle on front is quite impressive.

post-3866-0-86432900-1490887273_thumb.jpg

post-3866-0-28615800-1490887285_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Jeffthebutcher

Yes the 51st decal is over the other. I can take a better pic, you can see the other decal shape underneath.

Yes the 51st decal is over the other. I can take a better pic, you can see the other decal shape underneath.

The unit decals on this liner will be for the 126th Anti Aircraft Battalion, and the Massachusetts National Guard Headquarters.

Nice liner MECHINF, what type of liner is it? WWII Khaki HBT suspension, Olive Drab HBT suspension, or a Olive Drab Web suspension with no front grommet? Looks like the last one correct?

MECHINF-A15

Thank you Patches and to answer your question it has Olive Drab HBT suspension and a front grommet. Texas NG worn these well into the 50s. I'll post a few more shots when I am able to.

Up next 1st Armored Division liner named to LOYD W. REDMAN. The metal 1st AD paper weight came with it.

post-169074-0-36711100-1498320015.jpg

MECHINF-A15

I appreciate the positive comments on the 143rd Patches, thank you!

Next up is my double decal 5th Army. Has front grommet.

post-169074-0-79253700-1498343000.jpg