Marked Helmet Liners, The Unsung Hero Of The M-1

Bugme

Here is my marked liner:

westinghouse508regiment.jpg

82nd Airborne Division 508th RCT decal..

westinghouse508regiment.jpg

...1st Batallion. It's a ww2 vintage Westinghouse airborne liner which saw action in Korea as well! My big pride and on of my few marked or decalled helmets. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My newest. 147th Inf Rgt and ID'd inside. Probably Post WW2 but haven't done any research yet. Pretty bad decal, but I may never find one better so I bought it. Price was fair too.

post-729-1264808876.jpg

• 1 month later...
ww1collector

I can't post yet, so replying to your post about painted liners and including a pic. It has the stenciled emblem of the Bushmasters on both sides. The red eyes and tongue on the face of the snake appears to be added later with paint. Opinions? wellll-my file size is too big-will work on it

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

three of my Airborne Inland liners found in Normandy where I live. The three are identified to 502nd PIR paratroopers.

fi0rjh592c_tn.jpg

Hope you will enjoy.

easy502

Hi,

three of my Airborne Inland liners found in Normandy where I live. The three are identified to 502nd PIR paratroopers.

fi0rjh592c_tn.jpg

Hope you will enjoy.

easy502

Hope you will enjoy!!???...I fainted and fell off my chair!!!!!!!.... :w00t: ....mike

Here is group shot of 4 marked liners. My thanks to fellow USMF member "Sgt. Boghots" :thumbsup: for the wartime senior NCO marked liner named CHANEY. jpstout

post-3673-1269195099.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Here's a named 'out of the woodwork' liner

Korean War era Hawaii Army National Guard Capac Liner

Came from a Chinese-American vet who served from 1945 Draftee to Full Colonel in the Guard

He changed the decal on the front as his rank increased

Liner_001.jpg

Liner_002.jpg

Liner_007.jpg

Salvage Sailor

It has all completely original components, including a mint United Carr chin strap, George Frost Co. nape strap, &

F.M.C. sweatband in a 1951 Westinghouse Capac shell. This also came with his original WWII to Korean War web gear (belt, first aid kit, (2) canteens, carbine pouch) all neatly packed in a box that was long forgotten in his house (he passed away in 2002).

What is really unique about this liner (other than it survived in this condition & the kids didn't get to it) is the right facing Kamehameha emblem which is period 1950's.

Liner_005.jpg

Liner_008.jpg

EasyRed1944

M1 liner : Hood rubber co , 2nd Rangers btl.

052-1.jpg

057-2.jpg

M1 liner : Westinghouse , 29th ID.

IMG_9087.jpg

IMG_9093.jpg

Airborne liner : Westinghouse ( WW2 ) painted/ID'd to Ralph

125.jpg

M1 liner : Westinghouse , US navy , comes out of the sea ( omaha beach sector )

044-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

• 1 month later...
Laurent M.

Nice liners guys :thumbsup:

This is a general view of the left part of my shelf with some liners. I will try to post all liners separately with close-up pictures.

post-8590-1273601012.jpg

Laurent M.

First liner I'll show is a low pressure with navy markings. Made by St Clair, shade is a smooth dark green, white rayon suspension with snap in sweatband and riveted leather chinstrap.

post-8590-1273601503.jpg

Laurent M.

First army liner belong to a T/5 of the 415th Inf. Reg. of the 104th Inf. Div., ETO WW2.

Made by Seaman Paper Company with T/5 painted grade on the front, paper patch of the division on the right side (TIMBERWOLF) and paper crest of the regiment on the left side (OLD FAITHFUL).

post-8590-1273602524.jpg