Marked Helmet Liners, The Unsung Hero Of The M-1

Bugme

Couple of my named m1s and marked liners! The first one belonged to Lt. Col. Milton Mauer of California. He was a member of the California National Guard for many years before WW11. He was trained in Munitions at Quarter Master school. He was a star runner for UCLA back in the late 20s with Cromwell's famous team! I have yet to find his war record, but I do have his rank history. His liner is perfect! The liner strap is a replacement.

post-576-1215902881.jpg

The next M1 and marked liner belonged to Private Raymond Tessier of Detroit, Michigan (still living vet!) Raymond belonged to D Company, 414th Regiment, 104th Timberwolves Division. He joined the division as a replacement in late October, 1944. On January 17th, Raymond was wounded in the leg during the battle for the German City of Stolberg. He returned in early January and fought till the end of the war, meeting the Russians at the Elb! The helmet and liner were repainted after the war for parading, before they were to continue on for the invasion of Japan.

post-576-1215903775.jpg

rocketscientist

Here is mine. I think it is from the viet era, I was told it the insignia correspond to a training center.

cheers

post-3296-1215939589.jpg

post-3296-1215939604.jpg

post-3296-1215939625.jpg

post-3296-1215939638.jpg

Last one. It's not marked, but the coloring is not seen that often.

Westinghouse camoliner worn by Tommy Stamos, A-Bty, 64th FA, 25 ID, on Guadalcanal.

post-131-1215951300.jpg

Great stuff Rattle, ( and everyone else!) could we see an interior shot of the camo liner when you get the chance?......mike