Post your miniature medals.

market garden

Tonybulldog
On 5/8/2008 at 7:43 AM, 4STARCHRIS said:

post-387-1210254202.jpg

Medal of Honor and good friend Mike Thornton mini's.

4starchris

Is this in your own personal collection?  Very nice display!  Very brave SEAL!

easterneagle87

Here is a great grouping I missed yesterday from a local auction house. I put a pretty decent bid on this lot and another of patches. The AF officer, J. Vic Beckett, served from WW2 to Vietnam retiring as a LTC. The neatest thing about the mini rack is the inclusion of the Peruvian Order Of Aeronautical Merit.  I really dig seeing unique foreign awards awarded to US personnel.  There were no full size medals in the lot. That would have been cool to see! And most likely he was awarded Peruvian AF pilots wings as well, If a forum member snagged this from the NorCal area, please post some pictures of neat find.    

MINIS 1.jpg

MINIS 2.jpg

beckett.jpg

Aero peru.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
collectsmedals

Miniature medals, shoulder boards, stars, miniature wings and name tag of Vice Admiral William Davis Shields, 9th Vice Commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard.

IMG_1254.JPG

• 1 month later...

Likely late 40s/early 50s... the WWII campaign medals weren't actually made until a year or two after the war, during the war only ribbons were produced due to material restrictions

order_collector
On 9/24/2021 at 4:26 AM, Brig said:

Likely late 40s/early 50s... the WWII campaign medals weren't actually made until a year or two after the war, during the war only ribbons were produced due to material restrictions

Thank you for narrowing the period. Other question is still open, is it possible to determine the recipient? Bought it by mistake and don't want to brake a group, but if there is no chance to attribute it, prefer to sell them separatly to retrieve as much cost as I can.

Unlikely, not that unique a combo. Not convinced the DSM belongs with the group.

That said, loose mini medals aren't worth a lot, and this is one of the rare occasions where the group might be worth more than the parts because some people may want to attempt it as a research project

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Brig said:

My first real purchase of the year...it's been a slow one! Photo is the seller's

s-l1600 (17).jpg

I saw this on eBay, its a nice set.  I was  hoping to see it pop back up on there. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t do single minis as much as I used to, but I had to have this one as soon as I saw it. Not a grouping but I feel it still deserves to be shared here. Then again mini might be pushing it?

Mini gold life-saving medal, I honestly didn’t realize how big it actually was until I got it in hand. Made by BB&B. 

I’ve included a miniatures order of world wars and special meritorious service medal just to give a comparison to normal miniatures. Also included a dime just to show size better. 

I can only recall seeing one other this size and it was the silver version on Admiral Richard Byrds minis. 
1A0DDC94-6344-4344-8BAF-30C5B1654AE7.jpeg.8d444c49194a79c912ea1b7c0e941f7d.jpeg6B776648-44BF-4EBA-B6FF-B290F4698BDD.jpeg.9f2f49538d986eacb97e26677c8bf6ee.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Here’s an unusual one that came out of the woodwork- a British made China Relief Expedition in excellent condition, albeit some sun fading to the obverse ribbon.

F4C27D7A-4CDE-4E69-B4EF-0369EAA1982E.jpeg

42EA3DCD-3378-4445-8799-95ADD274C4F9.jpeg

9B6B5A74-C5FB-4AFD-A8FC-A78A749CC4B6.jpeg

This set I obtained from Robert Wilson a few years ago - The only clue that I have to ID this set is the Society of American Wars of the United States medal (1st medal on the 2nd row) is engraved with the initials "VCP" and a member number of 1215.

I conclude that this man was an Officer and a Doctor and a Member of New York Society. 

If anyone can assist with an ID that would be Great!!

IMG_5028.JPG

IMG_5029.JPG

Set to Commander Edgar T. Hammond USN who received his Navy Cross as CO of the USS Penguin (Scuttled during the capture of Guam in December 1941)

IMG_5030.JPG

IMG_5031.JPG

5 hours ago, USMCR79 said:

This set I obtained from Robert Wilson a few years ago - The only clue that I have to ID this set is the Society of American Wars of the United States medal (1st medal on the 2nd row) is engraved with the initials "VCP" and a member number of 1215.

I conclude that this man was an Officer and a Doctor and a Member of New York Society. 

If anyone can assist with an ID that would be Great!!

IMG_5028.JPG

IMG_5029.JPG

I worked on this for awhile and now have a name to this group - Lt. Col. Victor Cox Pederson - Medical Corps 

Do you have any info on the society of American Wars. A google search only brought up The society of colonial wars which is also included in one of your other groups. What are some of the other society medals? I have not seen several of them. Beautiful sets!

Friar

On 12/15/2021 at 5:16 PM, USMCR79 said:

This set (unknown) came with a bunch of singles (WWI Victory, Mex Border etc) No ID as yet.

rps20170707_112811.jpg

post-123-0-47480500-1499442116.jpg

Searched my notes and this bar is attributed to Capt. Howard E. Sullivan 105th Field Artillery 27th Division