Post your miniature medals.

market garden

Javelin4life

A new acquisition- no ID yet but love combination of foreign decorations. Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Javelin4life

That looks like it is from the Cody Wise Militeria Collection.

Bill

Indeed It Was. I was given an offer I couldnt refuse, and it was half of what he paid when he did a backdoor deal when i was the high bidder when it was actively listed and pulled early.

Javelin4life

This is the largest I have in regards to number of awards on a single bar. I do believe it’s traceable if I can get a list of officers who attended the wedding for which the commemoration medal was awarded, but have not had a chance to narrow down yet. Posted ImagePosted Image

Here's a mystery mini group that I acquired attached to a beautiful Japanese-made USMC Colonel's Evening Dress uniform. It has a name but can find no connection to the awards on this rack. Fantasy?

MINI-MEDAL GROUP.jpg

I think it's churched up, Bob. Looks like a combo of WWII-Korea and later awards...slid right onto the bars. I would expect a stack like this to be properly mounted

I think it's churched up, Bob. Looks like a combo of WWII-Korea and later awards...slid right onto the bars. I would expect a stack like this to be properly mounted

Actually Tim, it's really professional mount. And the planchets are all very well struck. They are WWII including the Phillipines and Korea - nothing later. Hmmmm - So I wonder about its origins...….??? Bob

MINI-MEDAL GROUPREV.jpg

There's no overlap or wrap mounting there, they're all just slid on.

APC and Marine Ex have fat suspension loops typical of later pieces. Full size 60s gold V on that LOM. No signs of any battle stars

I have never found a set of slide-on USMC minis I liked...while I'm sure it happened, I find it hard to believe someone of such rank as he certainly was wouldn't have paid for the wrap mounting and overlap.

It doesn't help that several eBay sellers like to sell unnamed uniforms with display stacks of PX procured awards. Not for me, personally, I think it's a put-together.

• 4 months later...

A set that sold on eBay a month or two ago...

Ha, I acquired Both this and other miniature bar you posted- they were too unique for me to pass up on. The WWII-Korean corpsman bar actually has a decent amount of weight to it.

Interesting & possibly unique 1920s USMC mini group which belonged to Col. Frank Jacob Schwable who served from 1900 to 1936. He was awarded Philippine Campaign # 437; China Relief #153; Mexico Campaign # 57; WWI Victory AND a Marine Corps Expeditionary RIBBON which are mounted on his mini-medal set. The Expeditionary RIBBON was created and authorized in 1919. It was not until 1929 that the Expeditionary MEDAL was created.Col Schwable's unusual mini group includes a mini ribbon with a "2" device. The only such mini group I've ever seen. It was obtained with his full-size Philippine, Mexico & Victory. There was no full-size Expeditionary medal with the group but since he retired in 1936 it's reasonable to assume he received one. His China Relief # 153 was not with the group. If any member knows its whereabouts I sure would like to hear about it. Semper Fi ! Bobgee

SCHWABLE MINIS.jpg

• 2 months later...
Javelin4life

A fresh buy- a three place miniature bar to a marine who served during WWI. What i really like is that these are made by the British company J R Gaunt.

Posted ImagePosted Image

There's no overlap or wrap mounting there, they're all just slid on.

APC and Marine Ex have fat suspension loops typical of later pieces. Full size 60s gold V on that LOM. No signs of any battle stars

I have never found a set of slide-on USMC minis I liked...while I'm sure it happened, I find it hard to believe someone of such rank as he certainly was wouldn't have paid for the wrap mounting and overlap.

It doesn't help that several eBay sellers like to sell unnamed uniforms with display stacks of PX procured awards. Not for me, personally, I think it's a put-together.

I dont recall those slide on mounts for miniature medals even available until fairly recently - like since the 90s or even later. (Ribbons, yes, but not medals.)

• 3 weeks later...

Been awhile since posting anything, so I thought it was time. This is a piece that was acquired online a number of years back. Unknown recipient but definitely has ties with the great state of New York. I'm hoping it to be WW! era but only speculating. Any enlightening info is always appreciated. Happy collecting!

post-71264-0-23195000-1579906837.jpg

post-71264-0-16694400-1579906850.jpg

Been awhile since posting anything, so I thought it was time. This is a piece that was acquired online a number of years back. Unknown recipient but definitely has ties with the great state of New York. I'm hoping it to be WW! era but only speculating. Any enlightening info is always appreciated. Happy collecting!

Great set of mini's Lano, your set I believe would date to the late 20s or 30s period. Still a very nice little bar those NYNG mini bars are tough to find and bring a nice premium when sold! Thanks for sharing!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your input MrMariner. Here's another New York veteran set. Can't recall when or where I acquired it but proud to have it in my collection.

post-71264-0-49335300-1582488796_thumb.jpg

easterneagle87

Here is my contribution, mine. This was taken at my buddy's retirement ceremony. We went through Avn OBC together and still friends over 20 years later. They're not mounted properly and it's something I want to get done down the road. But I / we still looked good!

post-9131-0-37053400-1582495499.jpg

• 1 month later...