Post your miniature medals.

market garden

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is a group I bought on ebay yesterday. Made by Spink & Sons Ltd in London. Im going to see if i can identify the original owner, but it may not happen.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMariner

Here is a group I bought on ebay yesterday. Made by Spink & Sons Ltd in London. Im going to see if i can identify the original owner, but it may not happen.

03e391495d2f97d3e2b22580e51cbd6a.jpge265de07f8d325712f0706161653f058.jpg

The Seller also had some of this same veterans full size medals also, did you by any chance get those too?

The Seller also had some of this same veterans full size medals also, did you by any chance get those too?

If they did, eBay removed it as I never saw it.

TheMariner

If they did, eBay removed it as I never saw it.

His Mexican service medal did go to completion, I did not see the navy cross though!

His Mexican service medal did go to completion, I did not see the navy cross though!

If youre referring to the Mexican service medal that was with three other medal. That one was army not navy

firefighter

03e391495d2f97d3e2b22580e51cbd6a.jpge265de07f8d325712f0706161653f058.jpg

Gorgeous

03e391495d2f97d3e2b22580e51cbd6a.jpg

At one time these miniatures were together with the full size medals. (It's a long story as to how they got separated from the full size.) The full size are currently in a private collection on the east coast. The collector who has them was never able to ID the recipient based on the combination of medals and the number on the Mexico is not on Gleim's roll.

• 2 weeks later...
Javelin4life

A couple of new acquisitions. I’ve had the army one, and just got the navy one, as well as the new Spanish campaign miniature. The navy CRE is a textbook classic BB&B strike, as noted by the particular broach, the “soft” patina on the planchet and most notably, the particularly thick suspension ring. I’m not sure what the other two mini’s makers are. Posted ImagePosted Image

MMcollector

The only mini in my collection currently. Presidential Medal for Merit, I believe its BB&B made.

post-134470-0-56210100-1526842154_thumb.jpeg

firefighter

Not sure of era. The pin attachment looks late 40s, but the medals look newer and the pin attachment is different.Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

firefighter

After receiving my AF Achievment medal I bought this at Clothing Sales. 1986Posted Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I bought these awhile back, but never posted here.

Mini medals attributed to Sgt. Bernard F Sweeney.

On December 3rd, 1918, General Pershing awarded Sgt Sweeney his Distinguished Service Cross.

CITATION:

The President of the United States of America, authorized by Act of Congress, July 9, 1918, takes pleasure in presenting the Distinguished Service Cross to Sergeant Bernard F. Sweeney, Jr. (ASN: 1784950), United States Army, for extraordinary heroism in action while serving with Headquarters Company, 315th Infantry Regiment, 79th Division, A.E.F., near Brabant, France, 30 October 1918. On the night of 31 October and 1 November Sergeant Sweeney made a dozen trips to repair telephone wire broken by the continuous shelling of the area. Early the next morning he was wounded while still in the performance of his duty.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Javelin4life

Attributed miniature bar to Frank Xavier LaFlamme, who saw service in both WWI and WWII as part of the American field service. He was awarded the legion of honor during WWI. He was in the army to some degree and also attached to British regiments during his time in the AFS during WWII.

8e8b45b342c5190351deaa24307774e3.jpgffc085d7aeb404e8b2a8a8a299af3ed8.jpg

• 10 months later...