Post your miniature medals.

market garden

In checking the officers who have the Navy Cross and three Distinguished Service Medals seem to be pre-Vietnam. I can't find anyone that these ribbons would align with.

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I got these with a large group of Marine stuff from the Palm Springs area. The uniforms were all from the 80s and to an enlisted Marine. These were in a bag along with other insignia and aviation wings.

I got a good deal on the whole lot and these weren't even shown in the picture

• 2 months later...
aerialbridge

Older Navy Distinguished Service Medal. One of the most beautifully designed and constructed medals, IMO.

post-18406-0-88230900-1494306041_thumb.jpg

aerialbridge

World War II Army Good Conduct, Bronze Star, ETO with Boy Scouts of America Gold Sword. Don't know the criteria for the BSA Gold Sword.

post-18406-0-66343000-1495384619_thumb.jpg

aerialbridge

Don't want to leave out the Air Force. USAF Vietnam, Defense Meritorious Service, Air Force Commendation Medal mini group. "If you can't stitch, glue will do."

post-18406-0-04332100-1495385818_thumb.jpg

Don't want to leave out the Air Force. USAF Vietnam, Defense Meritorious Service, Air Force Commendation Medal mini group. "If you can't stitch, glue will do."

While the Meritorious Service Medal (MSM) is awarded by all services, it is not a "Defense" Meritorious Service Medal (DMSM). The DMSM is a joint service award and is different.

World War II Army Good Conduct, Bronze Star, ETO with Boy Scouts of America Gold Sword. Don't know the criteria for the BSA Gold Sword.

aerialbridge

atb and jim2-- thanks for the corrections. I found what appeared to be that "sword medal" listed as a BSA WW2 medal on a militaria dealers website....And repeated the error, it seems.

• 4 weeks later...
uniformcollector

Just got this today -- from the uniform of Admiral James Holloway, Jr.

Can anyone identify the medal on the far right?

post-104949-0-82927000-1497991240_thumb.jpg

post-104949-0-21401300-1497991251.jpg

Nice set of miniature medals. I think I have a pic of his full size somewhere in my collection. Are they original or you able to get them made?

4starchris

uniformcollector

Nice set of miniature medals. I think I have a pic of his full size somewhere in my collection. Are they original or you able to get them made?

4starchris

Thanks for the ID! These are Holloway's originals sewn on to his mess dress uniform. I would love to see a pic of his full size awards!

Javelin4life

Just got this today -- from the uniform of Admiral James Holloway, Jr.

Can anyone identify the medal on the far right?

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

0_0_400_527-1.jpg

So you're the one that outbid me for the admiral uniform! I'm happy at least it went to a fellow member. Absolutely stunning rack!

uniformcollector

So you're the one that outbid me for the admiral uniform! I'm happy at least it went to a fellow member. Absolutely stunning rack!

Thanks! I actually didn't bid on it when it was an auction initially. The seller relisted it as buy it now and a really great forum member let me know about it. Now to try and track down any Adm. Holloway III items for a really neat father/son group!