Post your miniature medals.

market garden

So YOU beat me for the NC navy/usmc medal mini rack! Congrats on an awesome pick up I'm happy it's the hands of a fellow collector

So YOU beat me for the NC navy/usmc medal mini rack! Congrats on an awesome pick up I'm happy it's the hands of a fellow collector

Maybe traceable? With the Navy Good Conduct medal on there-- how many mustangs (or enlisted men) were awarded the NC, DSM and Navy/USMC-- for PTO service but not in for American Defense pre-war? Based on that I'm guessing the China Service is for the "extended service" post-War- or perhaps he didn't put the Amdef on the bar- but opted for the Philiippine medals among the 10 medals on there. Even has an Expeditions medal. Can you tell what the medal at the end isl?

Maybe traceable? With the Navy Good Conduct medal on there-- how many mustangs (or enlisted men) were awarded the NC, DSM and Navy/USMC-- for PTO service but not in for American Defense pre-war? Based on that I'm guessing the China Service is for the "extended service" post-War- or perhaps he didn't put the Amdef on the bar- but opted for the Philiippine medals among the 10 medals on there. Even has an Expeditions medal. Can you tell what the medal at the end isl?

The last medal is the Philippine Independence Medal.

Kevin

got lucky i guess. I'm intrigued at the idea that there is s hope of tracing them down.

Thanks,

i wonder if it's possible they started as an enlisted man and ended an officer? I have a Navy Admirals group where he started as an enlisted man in the army and retired an Admiral in the Navy, just a thought.

i wonder if it's possible they started as an enlisted man and ended an officer? I have a Navy Admirals group where he started as an enlisted man in the army and retired an Admiral in the Navy, just a thought.

Not just a possibility, it's a definite. The Good Conduct Medal can only be awarded to enlisted...and officers can't become enlisted later

Didn't some enlisted, mostly senior enlisted, receive a Distinguished Service medal?

1 GCM implies not much more than one contract enlisted, especially in that era. I know of only one highly decorated Marine who did 20 years enlisted and earned only a single GCM...decades before WWII

• 2 months later...
teufelhunde.ret

1 GCM implies not much more than one contract enlisted, especially in that era. I know of only one highly decorated Marine who did 20 years enlisted and earned only a single GCM...decades before WWII

That makes two of us, how is the project progressing?

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Here's my latest pick up. Unifentified

Nice group. I'm leaning towards a Marine Corps General Officer, Naval Aviator who probably flew helicopters. I say helicopters due to the two Navy /Marine Corps Medals. Just a guess. Have read of helicopter pilots being awarded in Vietnam for non combat life saving missions.