Post your miniature medals.

market garden

• 4 months later...
uniformcollector

Brigadier General Robert Raisch's miniatures from his evening dress uniform. He received two DFCs in as a pilot in the Korean War.

post-104949-0-26837800-1453944762.jpg

uniformcollector

The General is actually a friend of mine. He definitely had quite the career and is proud to be a Marine. Even today, he hangs a one-star flag in front of his house. Below is the bio I wrote for his page on my website along with a photo of him:

Robert S. Raisch was born December 8, 1929 in Detroit, Michigan. He joined the Holloway V-S program in 1947 and also attended Duke University to receive his major in mechanical engineering. He was commissioned into the USMC Reserve in 1951. His commands include the Headquarters Squadron at Grosse Ile (Michigan) and the Selfridge Air National Guard Base. The position at Selfridge Air National Guard Base was created because and for him. He served in the Korean War and was awarded two Distinguished Flying Crosses for his service in the Marine Fighting Squadron 224. He retired in 1980 as a Brigadier General.

post-104949-0-78316400-1453994090.jpg

I found this beautiful set at a small local show last November. I typically only do CG groups, but the campaign medal combination and the nice price were too much to pass up.

post-4249-0-43654200-1454033604.jpg

Not so funny story on those 2 groups - they had been hanging on the wall of my "Cave" for about 20 years until last weekend and due to the cold in Florida a block wall contracted and the panelling buckled. Three frames of medals came crashing down - fortunately the frames broke but the medals were not harmed. I thought I would take some photos before I put these medal groups in Riker mounts.

Glad you guys like them

R/Bill

• 2 months later...

Miniature Medals belonging to U.S. Army Nurse - Isabel M. Kent. She served in the CBI Theater during WWII. I will post additional items of her grouping at a later date in the appropriate section in this forum.

post-96084-0-36275300-1460233168.jpg

post-96084-0-19429400-1460233221.jpg

• 1 month later...
Javelin4life

Gonna bump this back up for all to enjoy and for those who haven't got a chance, to post their decorations.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...