Post your miniature medals.

market garden

More than okay...I love minis, as well

They aren't that easy to find here, either, as they aren't a mandatory uniform item for most. I've kept my eye out for USMC stacks for a good 8 years and have picked up less than 10

Realy? I always thought that they are easy to find.

On photos you see many veterans with mini medals on their hats or west.

German bundeswehr mounted mini bars are very very rare - in more than 20 years of collecting i just Saw 3 or 4 for sale.

The ones you see on hats and vets tend to be enamel or metal pins sold for the purpose, not actual mini medals, I believe

uniformcollector

Here are USAF Col. Bernie Fisher's miniatures (worn in the following photo). Col. Fisher received the Medal of Honor in Vietnam for saving a downed pilot. He was the first Air Force recipient to receive the medal living.

post-104949-0-86668100-1438976651.jpgpost-104949-0-22404800-1438976654.jpg

Javelin4life

Uniform collector,

Those minis are beautiful!! And that mini MOH is gorgeous!!! That's the first time I've ever seen a mini air force MOH before. Thank you for sharing!

Alex

A currently-identified group to a mustang Colonel. One of these days I hope to get a copy of Blakeney's and start narrowing it down due to the GCM, though I realize it's going to take many, many hours of work and likely many NARA requests with no guarantee

100_9112.JPG

uniformcollector

Gorgeous medal. Anything on the back?

Unfortunately, no. I think he ordered his decades ago and just left it the way it was.