Post your miniature medals.

market garden

Think I posted these before but can't find them. They are a set of cased mini's to a NFO who served in VF-114, flying F-4's off the Kitty Hawk in '65-66. They are still in the original Gemsco box. There are 1 silver and 2 gold stars on the AIr Medal. Mark.post-527-1215362320.jpgpost-527-1215362331.jpg

shrapneldude
post-387-1215307943.jpg

Here is a pic of all the mini I think he was talking about.

Thanks for the kind words.

4starchris

Yep! That's just like mine...only a million times bigger and better! Thanks!

4STARCHRIS

Dan,

This is a small pic of the original. However, I am glad it is what you were looking for.

The original was about 300 dpi So i had to change everything to post it.

4starchris

robert_hyman
Yes, but not many are named. One is inscrided. There is a silver and two gold life saving medals in there. Will see if I can post better photos. Most of these came from two collections. One was a private collection, collectected by the vet, and sold to me by the son. The other collection came along when Bailey, Banks, and Bindle sold off their old new stock of minis back in the 1960's, and one man bought a bunch and then sold it to me about five years ago. The rest have been here and there pick ups. I must say, they are harder to come by than the real things in some cases, but they are much cheaper than the full size medals.

I would love to get my mits on the China relief Expedition Minis w00t.gif

robert_hyman
post-387-1215307943.jpg

Here is a pic of all the mini I think he was talking about.

Thanks for the kind words.

4starchris

Are these old? If not are these still made and available?

Robert.

I do not know if they make the all or not. These were on dispalyed at the VFW hall.

Thanks.

4starchris

• 2 weeks later...
Laury Allison

OK....here are mine. They need updating since I retired, but it's not like you wear them that often after retirement anyway.

This is a nice custom made set from Ready for Inspection (http://www.readyforinspection.com/). I had my ribbons made by them too. They can do the magnetic ones so you don't have to poke holes thru your shirt and can also magnetize badges so they line up perfectly every time.

The mini medals (and ribbons) they do are far superior than any others I've seen. They lay nice and flat on a mess dress uniform and look completely professional.

Hope you enjoy!

Laury

post-1365-1217234961.jpg

Laury Allison
nice quality. do they do anodized, as well?

I don't see the anodized listed on their website (after a really quick look), but I know you can send your own medals and have them mount them. You can send them a message and tell them what you need/want and I'm sure they will accomodate.

I've had several custom ribbon sets from other companies. The quality I got from Ready for Inspection is far better than any of the others. The owner is a retired USAF First Sergeant....so you can be assured that what you get is done right. The ribbons and mini medals are super thin and look better than any others I've seen on your uniform. thumbsup.gif

Laury

tbirdismypride
Here's a set I got from Dave on the forum. thumbsup.gif They belonged to Brigadier General Gibson.

post-634-1214700736.jpg

Randy

decwriter,

I am curious, since I dont know anything about medals really I would like to know what that medal is on the far left of your posting. I am refering to the medal with the purple ribbon and what appears to be white enamel work on the actual medal. The reason I ask is becuse I saw a full size on at our flea market yesterday but it was the medal only there was no ribbon attached. Thanks

ItemCo16527
decwriter,

I am curious, since I dont know anything about medals really I would like to know what that medal is on the far left of your posting. I am refering to the medal with the purple ribbon and what appears to be white enamel work on the actual medal. The reason I ask is becuse I saw a full size on at our flea market yesterday but it was the medal only there was no ribbon attached. Thanks

Hi tbird,

That medal is the Legion of Merit.

Links:

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Awards/LOM1.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_merit

• 5 months later...
These are mine.

352320585.jpg

Colonel. Thank you for your service. May I be so bold as to inquire about your Soldier's Medal. This is an impressive ribbon bar.

Thanks! I am honored to have been able to serve. I was awarded the Soldier's Medal for actions at the Pentagon on 9/11. My office was in the area where the plane hit.