Post your miniature medals.

market garden

Great mini medal collection. Is that a silver life saving mini that I see?

Thanks for sharing the cases.

Any of them named?

4starchris

Airborne-Hunter
Great mini medal collection. Is that a silver life saving mini that I see?

Thanks for sharing the cases.

Any of them named?

4starchris

Yes, but not many are named. One is inscrided. There is a silver and two gold life saving medals in there. Will see if I can post better photos. Most of these came from two collections. One was a private collection, collectected by the vet, and sold to me by the son. The other collection came along when Bailey, Banks, and Bindle sold off their old new stock of minis back in the 1960's, and one man bought a bunch and then sold it to me about five years ago. The rest have been here and there pick ups. I must say, they are harder to come by than the real things in some cases, but they are much cheaper than the full size medals.

post-1800-1214346603.jpg

Airborne-Hunter...can we see a close-up of the mini 3 medal USMC group with the Expeditionary medal?

Airborne-Hunter
unauthorized mini Brevet medal, probably also by Biaday's

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "Biaday's" I know that the mini MoH's that I've seen are made by Gemsco. I will post photos as soon as possible of the marine group.

Here's General "Iron Mike" Michaelis' mini medals. I bought them of eBay about 12 years ago. They now reside in a friends collection... "on loan".

Dave

I don't know why I even bothered bidding: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=001

I think I narrowed it down to whom the original owner was , so I'd imagine others have, too.

This is yet another reason why I'll be basically getting out of collecting, or at least as far as ebay is concerned. This type of auction is the norm there.

Nice little grouping though.

I'm not sure if I get it or not...looks like a nice little group that went surprisingly cheap. I would have expected a group like this to have gotten well into the three digits. The group I posted above went for about $400 twelve years ago. Excessive for minis? Perhaps, but I spent an entire day researching who these belonged to and narrowed it down to one recipient. One other bidder (wasn't even a militaria collector, at least from their bidding history) bid it up from $75 to over $400. Still not 100% why they did, but because of Iron Mike's legendary status, I (of course) had to have them.

Dave

MIKEME_1.JPG

IMPERIAL QUEST
Here's General "Iron Mike" Michaelis' mini medals. I bought them of eBay about 12 years ago. They now reside in a friends collection... "on loan".

Dave

Holy smokes!!!!! To steal an excerpt from a line I heard from Hollywood...."...everything but the Congressional." Very Impressive.

post-387-1214707984.jpg

Here are General Andrew Goodpaster mini medals that are on his dress mess.

Thanks for looking.

4starchris

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "Biaday's" I know that the mini MoH's that I've seen are made by Gemsco. I will post photos as soon as possible of the marine group.

by Biasay's, I refer to the uniform store off base in Quantico back in the 1980s. It's my understanding that the man offered a mounting service, even producing non-reg minis and button hole devices for the cause. The store went under in, I believe, the early 90s when the owner passed on and his son sold it for parts

I'd like to see the Gemso models, mine are unmarked

Airborne-Hunter

Sorry for the wait, had problems loading the photos....anyway, here's the marine group photos....

post-1800-1214926445.jpg

Airborne-Hunter

Here's my Brevet Medal Mini.....this one was from BB&B when they sold off their new old stock.

post-1800-1214926683.jpg

Airborne-Hunter

back Brevet......Notice how clean and sharp the strike is.....It looks to me as if the Biasay's Brevet was cast, and not struck.

post-1800-1214926787.jpg

Airborne-Hunter

Here's a photo of one of the two mini MoH's (one army and one navy) that I have seen marked Gemsco on the back on the brooch. Notice how detailed and precise the enamelling is.

post-1800-1214927192.jpg

our MOH are obviously from different makers. yours is much better quality than mine

I love that USMC group. great find!

is that a Marine group with a Bronze Star and old style reserve medal I see as well?

Got da Penny

I dug through my binders today and finally found these to post.

These are from a veterans grouping i bought in the early 90's. The seller had 3 folders FULL of his papers and Photos.

This Discharge is Dated 1947 and the minis are "Stapled" onto it. The PH is loose and all show signs of age. Im assuming these to be just post ww2 in age, due to patina and wear on surface.

post-633-1215140101.jpg

post-633-1215140110.jpg

post-633-1215140140.jpg

post-633-1215140151.jpg

shrapneldude

For some reason, I cannot seem to resize the photos of it...but...

I have a framed case of Miniature medals representing all combat decorations of the US Marine Corps from the MOH on down to the GCM. Have seen these for Army and Air Force as well. Would very much like to see if anyone on here has one of the other services, and will keep trying to post my USMC one!

Great stuff fellas! 4STARCHRIS...always a pleasure seeing your stuff!!

4STARCHRIS

post-387-1215307943.jpg

Here is a pic of all the mini I think he was talking about.

Thanks for the kind words.

4starchris