Using Photobucket, Help Requested

Recently I purchased a new computer, it was a needed change as the one I had was on its last leg. I am asking for help on a certain program, it is Photobucket. I am finding Windows 8 difficult to use with any of the programs I used to use...including Picasa (which I would prefer to use).

I need some help when it comes to resizing photos on Photobucket to fit on the forum. This is just a temporary fix until I can figure out how to use Picasa on this system.

Thank you for any help.

Philip

Actively Seeking:

WW2 USN/USMC Attributed/Named Purple Heart Groups

WW2 USN/USMC Combat Aviation Groups

WW2 and Prior USN/USMC Medal Groups

Contact me if you have something

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Or, you could just resize the photos and add them to the forum without using photobucket or picasa. That is the preferred way of posting them.

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I used to go about it that way, but changed as Picasa was a lot more useful and easier to use. Then, when I changed computers...it made it a lot more complicated for some reason.

Philip

Actively Seeking:

The reason Dave is suggesting is because the mods & admin teams are going through old postings and moving them to the proper reference threads and we are finding that a large majority of people who have used a outside photo service, their threads are useless. When someone moves a photo off of Photobucket, or other services like that, the thread they posted the image is just has blank boxes with a small X in them. As we are seeing these threads we are just deleting them, and its a shame as some good information has been made useless by these outside photo hosts companies.

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

While we are on the subject of photos and using an outside source, any photo that is posted here is permanent unless the thread is deleted correct? And if the thread is deleted, do they remain in your profile section under Manage Attachments? I don't know if I have had a thread deleted but if that was the case you could easily recover them from there. I looked at mine while writing this and I have 23 pages of photos, which is a ton more than what I have on photobucket.

Mike

I am always looking for named items to Central Illinois WWI veterans.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

if you have a photobucket account there is resizing. and other editing features. myself I use tiny pic. no account required and it has resizing

"There are no great men, there are only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet."- ADM William F. Halsey

Thankfully I was able to get Picasa up and running again so it is fixed. I used to do it the old-fashioned way of going to an online resizer but it got pretty complicated and difficult to use. With Picasa, I can now do mass uploads, resizes, and use different programs on the photos.

Philip

Actively Seeking: