It has been a LONG road, but it's getting there.

Mitter2k1

Here's the latest pick up in my quest to have at least one of every style and maker of WWI ammo belts. There is still a ways to go, but it's getting there.

I picked up this nice 10 pocket ammo belt off of eBay rather cheap. It is made by Long in Feb. 1918. The connector is positively dated and the pouches are difficult to read, but it's been together for a while so I don't suspect it to be put together from parts. It does need some of the dirt brushed off and the air compressor taken to it and the brass is surprisingly clean. But like all of my belts, they look used but are quite solid. Anyways here are few pics for the gear junkies out there.

Thanks,

Mike M.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's a few more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the last one. I hung it with my other belts for a quick pic. I need to find a more space efficient way to display these other than hanging them. It works well with the padding but it still concerns me about the long term.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted Image

Nice pick up M, and from ebay :o , just go's to show you still can

Believe it or not, that's where I've gotten a lot of items. It pays to be vigilant and stuff can be had for cheap. WWI is slowly going up and I'm trying to put a dent in what I can before the market goes up, which I've watched do already.

Thanks,

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Nice belt!

How many variants of these belts are out there, and what are you lacking?

Well off the top of my head there is 9, 10, and modified 9 pocket belts. Pistol, BAR and the assistant belts, medic, garrison and I'm sure there are others. So my figures are around 25-30 total to have one of each kind with all the makers. I only have what is seen in the pic, so there's some ground to cover.

Thanks,

Mike

All my WW1 items are British, 

Very cool. That is something I'd like to venture into some day. I have a long ways to go with US WWI stuff before I get into that.

Mike

Very cool. That is something I'd like to venture into some day. I have a long ways to go with US WWI stuff before I get into that.

Mike

Thank you Mike