Unknown Patches - Vietnam era

BigDogMilitaria

BigDogMilitaria

I have a chance to pick up some patches. i don't have a clue if they are real or not. If they are, i imagine they are Vietnam made perhaps. Im pretty sure you guys will be able to steer me in the right direction! These are the only pics i have at the moment

Thanks for looking

null_zpse3cbf6d7.jpg

null_zps0c6ca3ba.jpg

Patchcollector

Photos are'nt the greatest but they look fine to me.You have 3 Aviation,2 AF,and one novelty.It appears that these were cut off of uniforms.

See if you can get a peak behind the material on the backs. They look like good worn patches but I would want to see the backs. They do look to still be sewn to uniform material.

vintageproductions

Those are all real and looks like they are all uniform worn. I wouldn't hesitate to pick them up. There are a couple of really good ones in there.

BigDogMilitaria

I'm gonna go try to pick these up later tonight. Any direction on which ones are rarer and more desirable than the others, he hasn't named a solid price yet, so if I can only grab a few I want to get the right ones. Would $40 be a good deal for the 6?

BigDogMilitaria

Ok, i picked them up. There were a couple more patches that he didnt picture. The material on the back feels like cotton, almost like a tshirt. Im guessing these were all sewn on to something as a collection. There were a couple patches with Snoopy on them that I dont know what to make of.

Here some pics, im very interested in what you guys think! They really do look pretty cool.

null_zps9e2895c5.jpg

null_zps2fc0de1b.jpg

null_zps10078f56.jpg

null_zps216f83ae.jpg

Patchcollector

Sweet!Nice to see some that were used,off the uniforms for sure!I like that Tass piece,the 2/17,and the 48th,all of them missing from my collection :dry:

I just picked up a crispy mint 366th piece,I'll post it soon.

A word of advice:NEVER tear apart a patch to "see what the back looks like".You may end up destroying a valuable piece.Better to post it here and let an expert eyeball it.Just my opinion.

Unless the patch is glued to the material, I have no problem carefully removing the old pieces of uniform from a patch. It's just thread!

The patch looks better in my opinion, and I haven't "ruined" one yet!

AircoprsHJS You got heck of a group of patches there. If you got them for near your 40 dollar price you did really well!

BigDogMilitaria

I will probably just leave them as is. If I move any of them sometime in the future I will leave it up to them. With my luck my dog will end up jumping on me at the moment I go to make a cut!

One of the best things for me when I make a find is to research the unit it came from. I have enjoyed some great reading tonight. And yeh, I got them hit slightly above the $40 but that's because the guy forgot to mention the two Snoopy patches. I cannot thank the guys on the forum for all the help and info provided!

Very nice group of patches.

I don't think you'll loose any money on that buy.

That cav scout patch is my favorite of the lot.

BigDogMilitaria

I agree, the Cav Scout patch is my favorite of the bunch too. The detail on these is amazing. This is a segment of our hobby I had never really delved into.

Great group of patches.If you do decide to take the thread out I would go to JoAnn's, or someplace like that, and get one of the thread pickers.I have one and it works great.

Unpicker.jpg