USMC EGA identification

Malas

I picked these up this weekend at a rare flea market that had military items I bought everything he had that was Marine Corps now I need information on what I bought. see items shown below.

post-139091-0-83461900-1385920402.jpg

post-139091-0-44701000-1385920403.jpg

It would have a number on the rim, though I'm fairly sure by the suspension it is not

Top EGA is a Model 1955-present belt buckle emblem, black emblem is a 1955-present cover emblem, and the pinback is a 1920s-30s enlisted collar emblem that has been converted either as a repair, or as a sweetheart pin...my guess is the latter

normaninvasion

If you get a chance I would like to see a better pic of that repair/conversion on the pinback collar emblem. You may want to post the China medal in the medal section but agree with Brig that its a much later restrike or repro

Not much luck this weekend all I got was a grouping with a dog tag and I'm not even sure there from the same period. I was really looking for some pices that were from the 1870's 80's to go with my Shako.

post-139091-0-73045500-1386442551.jpg

post-139091-0-44532900-1386442552.jpg

post-139091-0-38044500-1386442553.jpg

post-139091-0-39768000-1386442554.jpg

What's the name on the tag?

USMC images with shakos are hard to find...be prepared to spend several hundred dollars. Mine cost me hundreds and it's a underdeveloped image

No Paul J Sohu, but there was a Paul J Schu... 1948-1950...worked in SUpply and with H&S companies. Emblems are correct for his period

Your correct it is Schu these eyes aren't what they used to be anymore even with glasses. Would you recommend anyone that sells early USMC items especially EGA's? I'm afraid to buy them on e-bay a majority of them are repro's from S&S aged and the loops fooled with. They also seem to be from the same sellers and e-bay doesn't do anything about it. I don't even know how many Civil War kepi EGA's I've seen listed and people still pay big bucks for them.

eBay cares about its cut, not the authenticity

There are no dealers specializing in early EGA's, trick is to catch a dealer/collector when he has some extras available. I tend to list me extra EGA's here, but sometimes have others available not listed. http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/145194-egas-anybody/

Another one of our members lists some from time to time, his site is: http://www.eagleglobeandanchor.com/

I get a lot of my emblems in trades, eBay, and privately from other EGA collectors