"Battle Cry" c.1955

Sabrejet

Just happened upon this movie whilst zapping thru the tv listings today. Best "Japanese" tanks...ever..in a movie! :o

i079376.jpg

Forget the "Japanese" Shermans and 75mm pack howitzers...just marvel at ALL the ORIGINAL uniforms and 782 gear in the film

Yes Lloyd...I did notice the cammies too! :D

I love those mock up Nip helmets, they were the standard from Wartime movies way in to I think the 60s even later in some cases, I think the first real Nip helmet I seen in a movie was one worn by a Nip Machine Gunner or Team in of all things the Musical movie version of South Pacific, they had nets an leaves in it, and from what I remember looked real original one's, nothing like the one's I was used to seeing. It's the scene where Ray Walston's charactor Seaman Luther Billis screws up somehow, gets aboard a Navy Transport or Catalina and winds up having to bail out. A rubber boat is droped to him and lands on him I think while he's in the water, which at that time he's spoted by the Nips, who open fire on him, a funny scene I recall :D

I love those mock up Japanese helmets, they were the standard from Wartime movies way in to I think the 60s even later in some cases, I think the first real Japanese helmet I seen in a movie was one worn by a Japanese Machine Gunner or Team in of all things the Musical movie version of South Pacific, they had nets an leaves in it, and from what I remember looked real original one's, nothing like the one's I was used to seeing. It's the scene where Ray Walston's charactor Seaman Luther Billis screws up somehow, gets aboard a Navy Transport or Catalina and winds up having to bail out. A rubber boat is droped to him and lands on him I think while he's in the water, which at that time he's spoted by the Nips, who open fire on him, a funny scene I recall :D

But not so funny for him!! :o

But not so funny for him!! :o

Nah not at all Ian, the dingy was floating down on him you know, and Billis ( Walston ) was like AHHH :lol: It was a good scene, ( mind you it's been several years since I seen South Pacific but afterwards the scene goes alongs these lines ) Billis is standing tall before the Island Skipper ( one of the lead charactors ), and says to him Billis you cost the Taxpayer a ton of money today with your stunt, Billis kinda smiles and laughs, the CO goes something like What are you laughing for, Billis goes When I was young, my Father said I wouldn't be worth a DIME! :lol: