Show off your "Spoils of War" Forms!

Morlok

I have always loved these, as they provide a glimpse of the items the returning GIs held dear. I hope some of the other forum members would be interested as well & I look forward to seeing some of your forms posted here!!

This one was my Grandfathers & it lists quite a few items. The Luger was willed to me & one of the cameras was given to me by my father. The other items have been lost over the years.

post-67213-0-07006700-1385784116.jpg

USCapturephotos

Wow. Super piece Morlok. I've seen lots of them listing cameras but never one listing film too. I have a good veteran friend who fought with the 321st Glider Field Artillery. He was also a camera buff before the war. He took lots of super photos even during the fighting at Bastogne. Anyway, I asked him once about film and he said that his parents would send him film in his care packages and later he and his buddies would use captured German film with captured cameras. During the summer of 1945 during the beginning of the occupation, he even started a camera club for the GI's and built a dark room. He taught many of his buddies how to use their German cameras.

Paul

Very cool, especially since you still have some of the items listed. Thanks for sharing, Morlock. Do you have a photo of the camera? Does it have German proof marks or was it civilian version?

By the way, there was a thread earlier this year where others posted their bring-back documents:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/174322-war-trophy-certificates/

USCapturephotos

Hi again. Here is a photo of some of my capture certificates. For a few I am lucky to have the pistols, cameras, insignia to go with them. For most sadly I found them after all of the souvenirs had been sold to the four corners.

Paul

post-100030-0-29103100-1385821644.jpg

Thanks for the kind replies!! It is very special to me, so I don't take it out very often. As for the camera, it is on its way from my father. I believe it is a civilian model, but I will confirm when it arrives this week. The Luger is in a near mint holster, with the tool & 2 magazines. One mag has the wooden bottom & one has a bakelite bottom. The Luger itself is a mix & looks to have been an arsenal rebuild. The wear is perfectly even & it has never been apart since he brought it home. I don't know if the germans sent firearms for arsenal rebuilds or not, but that is my guess!!

I have never seen these forms with film listed either, but my grandfather was a stand-up guy who would never try to bend the rules. Even after the war, he would always go the extra mile. He's the guy that would drive back to the grocery store because he had an extra item that he wasn't charged for!! I imagine he asked for the film to be listed, so there would be no chance of losing it!

USCapturephotos...That is a great collection!! Are any of them for helmets? I know helmets were a popular prize, but I have seen very few forms for them!!

Here is a "form" attached to the outside of the shipping box:

Now that is a bring-back! Very nice, it is a time capsule.

RC