1884 Dress Uniform Chevrons

I recently acquired an early accumulation of chevrons. These full dress "gold lace" types were among them. In 1884, rather than continuing to use the standard M1872 felt chevrons for dress uniforms, the Army switched over to these gold lace types.

This pair is for a post quartermaster sgt. The bullion embroidery is amazing.

post-322-0-14657200-1385774360.jpg

post-322-0-97956600-1385774369.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Dear Kurt: I possibly would like to use some of your splendid chevrons in my third volume for Schiffer Military on the US Army uniform in this cade form 1888 to 1916. In addition to the 1885 QM and 1901 ordnance chevrons do you have any other gold lace such as the 1899 pattern post electrician sergeant? Thanks for considering my request. John L (Armyblue)

Dear Kurt: I possibly would like to use some of your splendid chevrons in my third volume for Schiffer Military on the US Army uniform in this cade form 1888 to 1916. In addition to the 1885 QM and 1901 ordnance chevrons do you have any other gold lace such as the 1899 pattern post electrician sergeant? Thanks for considering my request. John L (Armyblue)

Sure, no problem, John. These are the only lace styles I have with specialty inserts. PM me your email and I will attempt better photos.

Awesome pieces Kurt! Hard to beat the early uniforms in my humble opinion!

Ken

Thanks, Ken. I feel lucky to have been able to acquire them.

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool--I've never seen these ones before. I have some artillery ones, but looking to acquire all the artillery ranks in dress (getting close on the non-dress 1872 variants).

• 1 month later...