Early Christmas present, Vietnam Helmet, Field Jacket and Shirt

Sully

I was given this yesterday from family out of state. SFC uniform with CIB, Master Jump Wings, the tag is faded but it has a DSA contract of 1968. The field jacket is size Large Long, but it only has the basic level Jump wings on it. Can anyone identify the patch on the right breast pocket? On the sateen it is sewn through the whole uniform and on the field jacket it is glued on. The helmet is just a shell no liner, or markings of any kind. I'm not sure if it is original to the uniform or not.

post-131982-0-16028100-1385740298.jpg

Details left side. Army tape is the style I'm used to seeing, the flat nylon. The unit of assignment patch has been removed on both unfortunately.

post-131982-0-81108100-1385740723.jpg

What was the patches on the left shoulder, the one's that were removed? 101st Airborne Division?

Can we see a close up of the CIB and Master Blaster badges on the Fatique Shirt? they look like there embroidered on OD Herringbone Twill material.

Curious as to why one has the Master wings while the other has the Basic, one might be inclined to say they were worn by two separate SFCs, but the coincidence of the other insignias are too great. Anyway,my guess is a Dominican Republic vet who transfered over to the 101, while it was still at Fort Campbell 65-67 ( only the Division's 1st Brigade was in Vietnam, the rest of the 101 remained at Campbell till late 67 )

The steel helmet by the way has late 1970s chinstraps

Very nice. Are you sure the DSA doesn't say 1958 instead of 1968? I'm pretty sure the 1st Pattern OG-107's were out of production by 1968, unless of course that is a private purchase shirt. Regardless, it's a very nice piece.

-Brent

Very nice. Are you sure the DSA doesn't say 1958 instead of 1968? I'm pretty sure the 1st Pattern OG-107's were out of production by 1968, unless of course that is a private purchase shirt. Regardless, it's a very nice piece.

-Brent

Good catch Brent, 1958 I would say, as this shirt I believe was worn in 65-67 by a Dom Rep Vet in one of the two remaining Brigades of the 101 at Campbell.

Detail of wear left sleeve patch was removed. Looks like the patch had changed several times. The old holes look like a 101 patch was there before.

post-131982-0-96637500-1385760560.jpg