WWI HHQ 313th Infantry unit photo with band. Anyone else have unit photos to share?

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

This is a nice unit photo of Headquarters Company 313th Infantry 79th ID AEF. I am really not very good with a camera and this photo looks much better in person. I believe that this photo was taken in Baltimore when the unit was making their way back to Ft. Meade after WWI. I searched and I did not see any threads with unit photos, so does anyone else have one to share?

post-1412-1209917005.jpg

Here is one I have .

D.Co 105th Engineers .30th Division Lieut D.M.Williams Co.

Camp Jackson S.C.

post-22-0-79610100-1411251112.jpg

post-22-0-28200500-1411251115.jpg

post-22-0-79776900-1411251118.jpg

post-22-0-90338300-1411251139.jpg

post-22-0-08244100-1411251142.jpg

80thdiv313fa

Here are my Great Grandfathers. Sorry I'm not that good at posting pictures and taking pictures. They look much better in person.

80th Division 313th Field Artillery in Chateau Du Loir France May 5 1919

Manchu Warrior

Nice photos guys and it must be great to have photos of your grandfathers. thumbsup.gif Anyone else have any to share?

80thdiv313fa

D Battery in Newport News, Va after the regiment returned home from france. The arrow is pointing down at my Great Grandfather.

80thdiv313fa

Manchu Warrior,

A few months back I posted a picture of a collar disc that was on ebay. I was inquiring whether it belonged to the 313th infantry or the 313th field artilleries band. I didn't purchase it. But seeing as you have posted a picture of the 313th infantries band I will post it again.

Great photos guys keep 'em coming ...!

Another long photo of the 30th Div.
Company D 105th Engineers Camp Sevier S.C.- March 23 1918.
post-22-0-74088100-1411251448.jpg
post-22-0-89872500-1411251451.jpg
post-22-0-03838300-1411251454.jpg
post-22-0-85590700-1411251478.jpg

post-22-0-17925100-1411251481.jpg
This was written on the back of the photo ...

post-22-0-57336800-1411251483.jpg

post-22-0-75131700-1411251500.jpg

Manchu Warrior

Here is another unit photo and it is of the all important Bakery Co. # 392 Camp Meade, MD 1918

post-1412-1209951584.jpg

316family

This is a picture I found a few weeks ago on Ebay. It is the 316th Machine Gun Company from WW1 taken at Fort Dix. I presume it was taken when they returned from overseas, right before they were discharged. The best thing about this pic is that when I found it on Ebay, I found my grandfather in the picture!!! Right now, it is the only WW1 pic I have of my grandfather but I'm hoping to get more from my aunt in the future!!

These pics didn't come out as clear as I had hoped but the picture itself is in very good shape, considering it's age.

post-2986-1210043002.jpg

post-2986-1210043012.jpg

post-2986-1210043019.jpg

80thdiv313fa
This is a picture I found a few weeks ago on Ebay. It is the 316th Machine Gun Company from WW1 taken at Fort Dix. I presume it was taken when they returned from overseas, right before they were discharged. The best thing about this pic is that when I found it on Ebay, I found my grandfather in the picture!!! Right now, it is the only WW1 pic I have of my grandfather but I'm hoping to get more from my aunt in the future!!

These pics didn't come out as clear as I had hoped but the picture itself is in very good shape, considering it's age.

Very nice picture! and that is awesome that you bought it off ebay and were able to find your grandfather. There is a yardlong photo of the 313th Field Artillery which was taken at Camp Lee, Va that I dont have. I hope one day I will be able to find it somewhere.

Very nice picture! and that is awesome that you bought it off ebay and were able to find your grandfather. There is a yardlong photo of the 313th Field Artillery which was taken at Camp Lee, Va that I dont have. I hope one day I will be able to find it somewhere.

I'm glad the pics I posted came out as well as they did. I don't know how many 316th pics are out there but I am hoping to find more, especially the 316th infantry where my grandfather served before his transfer to the machine gun company.

I also wanted to compliment you on your website...very informative and great pictures. I can see how much time and effort you have put into it. When I am done with my research on the 316th, I hope to be able to put it together a tribute similar to yours and the one I saw for the 314th. It has been very hard finding info on the 316th so I just want to do a little something to keep their memories and sacrifice alive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello, my first time on. I purchased a unit picture on Ebay last week and have been doing research on it. It is for Battery B, 313th Field Artillery Regiment. The man selling it thought it was of WWII. He said he got it at an estate sale for a man named Fucci. My research found that this was Battery B, 313th FA Regt, 155th FA Brigade assigned to the 80th Infantry Division. I have found the 313th Regimental Book on line and downloaded the PDF file. It shows the units exploits in WWI, Starting in Camp Lee, VA and ending up in Europe. It also includes the names of the individuals in each Battery as well as headquarters personnel. Then I found the 313th Regimental picture in this forum. The three officers in the upper left hand corner of my photo are recognizable in the regimental picture. They were done at about the same time. The Ewing Inc from Baton Rouge LA is in the same writing and Mine is numbered 1185. the regimental is numbered 1189. The only problem I am having right now is... How the heck do I put it on the site. It says it is too large for the available space.

Robswashashore
Hello, my first time on. I purchased a unit picture on Ebay last week and have been doing research on it. It is for Battery B, 313th Field Artillery Regiment. The man selling it thought it was of WWII. He said he got it at an estate sale for a man named Fucci. My research found that this was Battery B, 313th FA Regt, 155th FA Brigade assigned to the 80th Infantry Division. I have found the 313th Regimental Book on line and downloaded the PDF file. It shows the units exploits in WWI, Starting in Camp Lee, VA and ending up in Europe. It also includes the names of the individuals in each Battery as well as headquarters personnel. Then I found the 313th Regimental picture in this forum. The three officers in the upper left hand corner of my photo are recognizable in the regimental picture. They were done at about the same time. The Ewing Inc from Baton Rouge LA is in the same writing and Mine is numbered 1185. the regimental is numbered 1189. The only problem I am having right now is... How the heck do I put it on the site. It says it is too large for the available space.

I have had lots of luck with the Resize Images online website. It's easy and free!

(Wow, I just noticed that if you move your cursor over where it says "Resize Images online" in this post you can click on it and you'll go right there! :thumbsup: )

Robswashashore

My Grandfather, 1st Lt. Abner Jones Barnett, US Army Medical Corps:

Company 21, Bat. 6, Medical Officers Training Camp, Ft. Oglethorpe, GA

post-12350-1280548178.jpg

And in France:

329th Infantry Camp Hospitals #33 and #118

post-12350-1280548277.jpg

(He is the tall one in the back row with the mustache)

here is another try on the Battery B, 313th Field Artillery Regiment, 155th FA Brigade. this is the first of 3

post-13603-1280625457.jpg

• 4 years later...

If you are interested, I have 10 more pictures to send. Tell me.

The names are : J. Clyde Kalbangh, Joe Feenstra, Samuel Buckman, Pierre Corrin, Roger Wolfinger, Russel McMurdo, Elmer J. Hess

All are from 313th infantry band during the WW1

Sincerely

Serge

post-155218-0-57039900-1417544441.jpg

• 4 years later...

If you are interested, I have 10 more pictures to send. Tell me.

The names are : J. Clyde Kalbangh, Joe Feenstra, Samuel Buckman, Pierre Corrin, Roger Wolfinger, Russel McMurdo, Elmer J. Hess

All are from 313th infantry band during the WW1

Sincerely

Serge

Im about 5 years late on this forum but I would love to see all of the pictures that you have regarding the 313th Infantry Regiment. My ancestor was the Colonel of the regiment, Claude B. Sweezey!

Thanks,

Connor

• 8 months later...

Hi all Im very late to this thread, my Great- Grandfather was Sgt. Frank King of Battery B. (Hes actually the one holding the flag on the right side). He was mentioned in the original book about the division in the citiations section for driving an ammunition truck under direct observation and subject to terrific shellfire on the Romagne-Bantheville road. My grandfather has the same unit photograph Sgtscott shared along with his Victory medal with Meuse-Argonne and defensive sector bars and his original portrait photograph.