Anyone have a variation of mag pouches and FAL magazines?

sparkfly88

I know the standard Alice m16 pouches I have hold 2 fal magazines...

Anyone know if the 1956 or 1967 pouches can hold more? Just trying to up my magazine capacity a bit. :)

Sent using Tapatalk 4 on my phablet Note 2

That's odd.. I figured since the 56 was made for three m14 mags the fal mags would a been able to fit the same...

Sent using Tapatalk 4 on my phablet Note 2

military gear geek

The M-1956 magazine pouch was originally designed to hold (2) M14 mags. They also were used for the 20 round M16 mags. (I think you could put 3 into them but, it was tight!) There were earlier versions that had some sort of a metal plate in the front to protect the mags but, I don't think these were made for too long. I think they are in the upper left of that pic. Then the next one over was the most common one in Vietnam. A FAL mag is just about the same size & shape as a M14 mag.

The Short M-1967 magazine pouch only holds (4) 20 round M16 mags as in the pic. (2nd row, 1st pouch on the left). The taller ones (2nd row, 2nd pouch in) are just like the Alice pouch except they had a suspension strap to attach them to the suspenders. The Alice ones don't.

Basically, Any tall M-1956 magazine pouch that was made for the M14 will fit a FAL mag.

Sorry for the little bit of history info there..