Woo! 1967 buttpack arrived today!

sparkfly88

It was the ONLY one I could find anywhere online. And.... It was 10$ plus, it was mislabeled! :D

Love it!

I'll be getting correct suspenders for it soon.

It's got some paint specs on it from who knows where... And some dime sized holes in the rubber skirt... But hey, I found one!

Sent using Tapatalk 4 on my phablet Note 2

post-144621-13855942005414.jpg

Forgot to add the other side... Gotta show off the velcro tabs for the suspenders ya know!

post-144621-13856045716862.jpg

Oh, from what I read the one with the snaps were just for USMC and the army used the velcro one.

Hmm..

Either way, it does what I want it to do... :) I wanted a lightweight alternative for my summer hikes.

Nothing wrong with that. In fact, I believe they were used by some personnel in ODS 1991. So it wasn't only used for training.

RC

Okay, so now I see the difference....there is USMC m67 which is hens teeth rare... then I guess Army m67...

I use different combos of gear when I hike and camp, mostly milsurplus.

My next experiment I plan to do is a 1956 buttpack, under this training pack, on a set of 1967 army suspenders.

Is there a specific pack the army used other than the training pack I got?

There is an M 1956 adapter strap so you can do just that with the M-56 susdenders. They also made the butt pack in woodland camo pattern.

Bob

Thats right, the woodland one doesnt have the connections to keep it from flopping around if you wear it like a pack.....same with the 1956 pack.

Okay guys, check this out. I think I'm pretty setup for Florida camping.

It weighs under 10lbs. And I still have extra room for more if I want. The front packs are empty, as is the pouch on my shoulder.. Debating putting anything in Em....

I have my hammock, tarp, 2 extra hanks of paracord military lensatic compass...

First aid, three different ways to make fire, water tablets and my Sawyer squeeze filter system, Extra socks, some things of ramen. 2 bars of travel soap, and a handkerchief, My water will be a 2qt canteen with cup and a camelback.

It's not perfect, and not finished. And I know I'll change my food to something more suitable, I just put this together as a prototype.

But I'm pretty satisfied so far.

post-144621-13862052844726.jpg

military gear geek

I'm not trying to change your mind or anything but, have you ever checked out a Molle Patrol Pack? It's a slight bit smaller then the Medium Alice Pack & it has attachment points all over it to attach your gear to. Plus, you can buy Alice clip/Molle adapters to attach to your molle pack. That way, you can still use the old alice equipment.

Also, if you still gonna go with that setup, you might have to have some weight out toward the front. It'll help balance the load better & try to have your front suspender straps more toward your hip bones. About the 10 & 2 oclock position. That'll help keep your belt from riding up to your chest when you're walking.

If you don't want a molle patrol pack, You can get the old M-1956 suspenders & a buttpack adapter. You can either put your buttpack up on your shoulders (like the soldier in the pic) or if you wanted too, you can get a M-1967 sleeping gear carrier & attach that to the buttpack adaptor & perhaps wrap your rolled up items in that. That'll free up some space in the buttpack.

Just throwing out a few ideas.

I might have to get a few pics taken & show you what I mean. lol.

military gear geek

I want to apoligze for my absence. Just been busy hunting & had internet problems.

I believe those are a better setup then the Alice Suspenders. I never used mine though. Just bought them about 4 yrs ago & put them away. Might get another set before the price goes up again. I paid $20.00 shipped at the time.