Special Warfare Operator 1st Class Rate

VMI88

TreasureHunter

Exactly Sig, I was surprised to see them. Vanguard does not show them on their site. My exchange had maybe 8 rates. CPO only. Im gonna ask if they can order my rate in E-6. $55!!!!

FINIALY!!! The last time I was in an Exchange, Vanguard was the only provider of Navy insignia. $%% for bullion is NOT bad. Especially if it doesn't have that !@#$%^& *() bird on it! Just wish my rate still existed so I could replace the crow on my dinner dress blues. Do you think some one pulled their head out of their &^#! and figured it out?

TreasureHunter

These are Vanguard but are Premier Vanguard. I think maybe the Chief's mess had something to do with it. Didnt see any E-6 like it, all Airdale rates & Corpsman.

Many have no real interest in their uniforms. They wear the utilities for everything now, dress uniforms are something they pull out once in a while. My son got out in'11 and had very little interest in any of his uniforms. He saw nothing wrong with the eagle. Never actually payed attention. Basically, when something needed changing on a uniform, took it to the tailor shop, told them what to change and picked it up later. I think that is very common. Honestly, when the change happened, I didn't notice. Had to go look at the uniforms I kept to see what was on them. Dress Blues have an old "Pterradactile" crow. Dinner Dress Blues have "Parrot" crow.

The Navy exchange now sells an all wool Premium line of Service Dress Blues that are made by Brooks Brothers. The set includes a very high quality dress shirt, real silk tie and high quality leather dress shoes. I believe the bullion rates are meant to go w/ this line of uniforms for E-7-E-9. The officer uniforms use a higher quality braid on the sleeves, and are made with reinforced areas around the cuff to eliminate the "puckered" look you get on the cheap NEX uniforms when the braid is sewn on. I have a set and love it. It is the best uniform I've owned in the Navy. It fits more like a high quality business suit, and the NEX tailors receive training on how to tailor it. These uniforms look strikingly better than the standard ones because of the 100% wool material and cut. You can pick them out in a crowd...