WWII Aeronautic First Aid Kit with Contents

devincu

Hello Gents...I picked up this little gem today from the daughter of a WWII vet along with a silk scarf with his name and a leather flight helmet. She says she will have his A2 Jacket this weekend and some other items. She told all that she knows is that he flew a bomber over Germany so maybe his jacket will tell more! Anyway I think this first aid kit has most of the contents including 8 unused morph syrettes. Maybe some who knows more than me can tell me what it is missing? She said she thought it came off of his plane so if I get the rest of his items it should make for a pretty nice display. I will keep this updated.... Thank you!

post-59872-0-72552600-1385441951.jpg

That is a nice looking kit, couldn't tell you if anything is missing, but all the contents look proper. Sure hope you can get the A2, post pics if you do!

Word to the wise, if those morphine syrettes are real, I wouldn't go parading them around. Morphine is classified as a Schedule II drug like cocaine and opium, you don't want to get caught with it. At the very least, they will be confiscated and disposed of. Not saying you have to get rid of it, just be extra careful, especially if you decide to sell this set.

Agreed. If you ever decide to sell it on I'd strongly advise "discretion" when it comes to certain contents....if you catch my drift? ;)

With a little house keeping you almost have a complete unit, the only things missing are a box of adhesive compresses (band aids) and correct scoddors. You have many duplicates such halazone, the kit only requires one bottle, 1 burn injury, 1 sulfadiazine etc.. the best thing is the morphine you have 8 and the units only requires 2 so if you have other med kits that need them your set!

With a little house keeping you almost have a complete unit, the only things missing are a box of adhesive compresses (band aids) and correct scoddors. You have many duplicates such halazone, the kit only requires one bottle, 1 burn injury, 1 sulfadiazine etc.. the best thing is the morphine you have 8 and the units only requires 2 so if you have other med kits that need them your set!

Thanks dustin this helps alot! I would like to complete the kit and display it with his other stuff so this is very helpful!

Devin

Agreed. If you ever decide to sell it on I'd strongly advise "discretion" when it comes to certain contents....if you catch my drift? ;)

Thanks Sabre.... ;)

Any label in that flying helmet?

No label or numbers at all. I think it maybe a private purchase because the buttons on the back are made of a hard clear orange plastic that say. The Eaglet Helmet. The leather is still very soft!

Devin

Very Nice Devin.

THe the syrettes and the wound tabs....great stuff!!!

The cap looks to be a civilian skull cap.More like a Motorcycle one.THe chin cup look military though.Hard to say if he wore a private purchase one or used it after the war and added the cup.Never know.THe details get foggy over the years even with family.

A realtive who flew with the 12th and 15th came back after the war and used all his things up riding his newly purchased Indian Motorcycle in 1946.

No label or numbers at all. I think it maybe a private purchase because the buttons on the back are made of a hard clear orange plastic that say. The Eaglet Helmet. The leather is still very soft!

Devin

Thats cool.

I have a BUCO black skull cap thats maybe from the 50s and it has a set of goggles that are a commecial copy of the M44s/B8s.Came right out of a local yard auction here.I would say yours dates to at least the 40s in my opinion

Thats cool.

I have a BUCO black skull cap thats maybe from the 50s and it has a set of goggles that are a commecial copy of the M44s/B8s.Came right out of a local yard auction here.I would say yours dates to at least the 40s in my opinion

Thanks man... I don't know for sure but they are in good shape. The cap and chin cup dot look like they go together at all. I am excited about the A2. She says it has a leather patch with a bird with boxing gloves on which could be one of many squadron patches. Here are a few more pics.

Devin

post-59872-0-17181700-1385513535.jpg

Hey guys I got the rest of this mans stuff today and I listed it in "Groupings" if you want to see it. Thanks again for all the help!!

Devin