WHAT THE HECK IS THIS JPSK ATTACHED TO?

Neuron

This arrived today and I was wondering if anyone new the designation of this vest.Mostly 1982 Date, JPSK 1980, Batteries 1994 and still working the PRC.I know now why there are so many JPSK's for sale without the sheath, it is sewed into the vest. Any information would be appreciated.

DFGDFHFGHFGFG_zps014b6690.jpg

DSCN1091_zps8a6556bb.jpg

DSCN1092_zps338ecbb1.jpg

RFREFFEEFWE_zpsbb33ac80.jpg

FGHYJKYUO_zps254503a6.jpg

It looks like an SV-2 vest.

That's the way the knife sheath was installed in these; permanently. It will not have the pocket on the sheath for the sharpening stone.

Rusty is correct.Its a Navy/USMC used survival gear much like the vests worn by the Army and Air Force.This is more of a belt type set up.Should be a data/spec tag in one of the pouches or on the belt some place and the date of manufacture.Maybe its gone or worn off.

Here is a scabbard out of its vest pouch.I should add its not to uncommon to see the knives with out a scabbard.I saw about 30 of these for sale and this knife was one of them.They had been removed from Army vests when the vest were surplused/DRMO'd out I was told.THe guy was selling them for about $15 a pop.All had inventory type numbers on them.

post-342-0-12050000-1385436656.jpg

post-342-0-04427200-1385436678.jpg

USN/USMC SV-2B survival vest setup for rotary wing aircraft since it has the extraction belt at the top of the vest. Looks fairly complete too with the SRU-31 survival kit. The spec info should be on the body side of the left hand pocket/panel assembly I believe.

USN/USMC SV-2B survival vest setup for rotary wing aircraft since it has the extraction belt at the top of the vest. Looks fairly complete too with the SRU-31 survival kit. The spec info should be on the body side of the left hand pocket/panel assembly I believe.

First of all thanks to everyone for their help. I looked everywhere inside and out and could not find any markings or signs of them.Would pilots and crewmen wear this? I was wondering what that heavy duty hook was for.

First of all thanks to everyone for their help. I looked everywhere inside and out and could not find any markings or signs of them.Would pilots and crewmen wear this? I was wondering what that heavy duty hook was for.

Yes, each member of the aircrew would wear one. They were typically worn with the LPU-21 series life preserver for overwater operations. The life preserver attaches around the waist to the strap at the bottom of the vest and then up over the back and shoulders to the vest's shoulder straps.

Yes, each member of the aircrew would wear one. They were typically worn with the LPU-21 series life preserver for overwater operations. The life preserver attaches around the waist to the strap at the bottom of the vest and then up over the back and shoulders to the vest's shoulder straps.

Thanks, something new to do a search on,LPU-21. From what I can gather this was post Vietnam and pre Desert Storm.

Thanks, something new to do a search on,LPU-21. From what I can gather this was post Vietnam and pre Desert Storm.

Yes, if I remember right, the LPU-21's came out in the mid 70's, so post Vietnam. They were definitley used during Desert Storm though.