than Combat Arms Soldiers. "This just reflects that reality," said Pentagon
spokesman LTC Roger Pogue.

The award ranks in precedence below the CIB and CAB, but above the
EIB and PowerPoint Ranger tab.

The criteria for the award is still under discussion, but
preliminary guidance authorizes the award for 30 days of continuous
briefings of officers at least two grades higher than the briefer without
incident while serving in a theater of operations in which the awardee is
eligible for hostile fire and hazardous duty pay.

P.S. This is a joke, people. But it could be real eventually.

When I was in the Army I was an intel augmentee to the 104th MI during the NTC rotation of the 1st Brigade 4th ID. Among my duties (which were not many) was preparing the intelligence portion of the briefing slides for the DCOG's briefing every evening. Near the end of the exercise I caught wind that my supervisor was going to put me in for an AAM for the exercise. He did so anyway despite my protests.

I did not receive the award until I returned to my home unit at Fort Gordon. It was given to me by the battalion commander during a brigade dog and pony show. The LTC made the mistake of asking me what I had done to deserve the medal. (Apparently, he did not read the award citation beforehand.) More than one snicker came from the ranks when I said it was for making slides. I was a short timer, what did I care?

More than one snicker came from the ranks when I said it was for making slides. I was a short timer, what did I care?

ok, that's funny right there.

I cannot say I found that "joke" very funny... Frostbite ? Trenchfoot (water immersion foot)? how about food poisoning from a contaminated ration ? I PAID for my Army Achievement Medal ! Different times, I guess...

Well I don't know about the rest of you but I was an Engr. Operations Sgt. at Company level for about a year and you can really get a bad paper cut, to say nothing about them sores caused by the canvas army cot...1SG Morgan retired

• 5 months later...
CIBandEIBisAllyouNeed

Man oh man. Does everybody need their own trophy. Comparing sitting in an air conditioned, well protected room to the stresses of combat, is insanity. Seriously these people are delusional. Comparing Losing your job to being maimed or killed, just makes me shake my head in shame.

Man oh man. Does everybody need their own trophy. Comparing sitting in an air conditioned, well protected room to the stresses of combat, is insanity. Seriously these people are delusional. Comparing Losing your job to being maimed or killed, just makes me shake my head in shame.

You know it is a joke, right? In my unit on Okinawa my fellow draftsmen and I designed a "Combat Draftsman Badge" in 1970.