Named Spiewak size 44 A2 jacket

Kadet

This jacket fell in to my lap recently. Nothing exotic, but it is in wonderful condition...very supple and could easily be worn. Spiewak made their A2 from goat skin, which seems more resilient. It is also a large size, scarce maker and is named. The name and officer ASN is stamped in the neck, but only the ASN is legible. I've sent away for the records to complete the set. I believe the knits and zip are original to the jacket. Absolutely no sign of restitching and they appear to be period. The Talon zipper functions perfectly as do all of the snaps and hooks. Nothing on the exterior except remnants of the AC decal on the shoulder. The lining is 100% intact w/ no real issues to speak of. The original owner loosely stitched the cuffs back up in to the sleeve. The jacket fits me perfectly, and after trying it on I see why. It makes the sleeves much more comfortable, especially if wearing a watch or gloves.

post-110-0-40795000-1385219806.jpg

When you say "it fell into my lap " is that literally ??? :o the only thing that falls in my lap is the paper when I doze off !!

seriously though, nice find !!!!

LB

Thanks...well, I guess what I meant was I got it for a very good price :) The pics don't do it justice. The leather isn't dry at all...very supple and still has a nice sheen to it.

• 2 weeks later...