1092nd Engineer Combat Battalion Guidon, Patches

WWIIDADS

Here is a great battle guidon from Charlie Co., 1092nd Engineer Combat Battalion, re-designated July 10, 1946 from the de-activated WWII 82nd Engineer Combat Battalion, in which my father in law served. It was attached to the West Virginia National Guard, and was activated as Federal during Korean War, fighting in some of the harshest battles. The leather pole tabs survive, and the very faded Quartermaster tag reads Apr 20, 194_.

post-143615-0-67301300-1385145335.jpg

That's Purrrty 12thengr!! I've got a bunch of these from WWII I'll post in time. Did you notice the 4 Star General flagg and uniform insignia from Gen. Lucius Clay I posted in this same section? Do you have a 33rd Field Artillery B Battery Guidon??? My dad was in that Battalion.

• 1 month later...

E.U.D. = Engineer Utility Detachment. This was a non-divisional unit and had bern assigned to USAFIK 9/20/46. During that time had an authorized strength of 3 officers and 55 enlisted men. Between its authorization up to 1/30/47 it was involved with USAMGIK operations. Afterward it was reassigned to Special Troops, XXIV Corps.. It remained in Korea up until 1949, after KMAG assumed tactical operations. 1092nd ddeactivated in 1949 but I cannot recall the exact date without going to my references.