Bugme

PASGT Stats

06061514.jpg

3. The ACH / MICH / TBH (US Army and currently now begin to be used by some USMC troops) ;

bae_cimg_mps_ie_ach_latestReleased_bae_cimg_mps_ie_ach_Web.jpg

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0897.JPG

ACU%20MICH%20CHIN%20HARESS.jpg

For this model, there's some manufacturers ; BAE Systems, MSA, Gentex, Specialty Defense (SDS),...

"As you know, you go to war with the Army you have. They're not the Army you might want or wish to have at a later time. You can have all the armor in the world on a tank and it can (still) be blown up..." - Donald Rumsfeld (Camp Buehring, KU - Dec. 8, 2004)

See my current collection of desert SSI HERE
See my current collection of Badges (ranks, qualification badges, Branch of Service - from WW2 to present) HERE
See my files in PDF on scribd.com HERE
See my collection of jackets HERE

And another sort of foam inserts (for infantry ?) ;

vue%20intérieure%20d

That pad, called a donut, was a common item for sale in the PX and clothing sales. It was sold purely to make the helmet a little bit more comfortable. I personally used a small sized flight helmet liner (a TPL) cut down a little bit to make my helmet even more comfortable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to downsize! I'm selling off a large portion of my collection. Message me for the most up to date list of items.

I have American and foreign; Army, Air Force, and Navy; Span-Am War to current; mostly originals but some reproductions.

Always looking for numbered Purple Hearts and Silver Stars. Message me if you have any, maybe we can make a deal.

Looking for Purple Heart number 172669.

That pad, called a donut, was a common item for sale in the PX and clothing sales. It was sold purely to make the helmet a little bit more comfortable. I personally used a small sized flight helmet liner (a TPL) cut down a little bit to make my helmet even more comfortable.

Agreed, PX purchase. I never saw them issued. Interesting story, about these. When I was 18 and back from basic, I had a problem with my M1 and the bony protruberances on my head (knot head) Having grown up as a carpet installer, I would take the yellow foam carpet pad and put it between the liner and the webbing. When that didn't work, I put another layer above the webbing. This marginally worked as the center would pucker and still create a hot spot. I then cut the center out and foun a two inch circle would stop the pucker and made a world of difference. Then I learned that if I cut it so that it would fit up under the head band, it would stay in place and never come out unless pulled out. This was in 84. I outfitted my entire company free of charge and was the hit of the guys. Carpet pad scraps were always available and I was always in stock, selling them for a $1 apiece. Then someone decided to use an inferior foam, market it, and put me out of business. While their product was much inferior and $3 as opposed to my $1, because it was a PX purchase, my pads lost favor. Oh well, such is life.

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/crustyw4scorner/

35lyhcy.gif2d29461.gifixd2rm.gif

Do you have any idea how much one of those Night Vision set ups are?? They look really nice. Great pics and thanks for posting.

I deployed to Iraq for the first time in February 2004. As you can see by the picture we had a mixture of gear and weapons. In our company we had the older PASGT Helmet and the newer ACH. M16A2 Rifle and M4 Carbine.

post-19270-0-65361700-1375237534.jpg

Looking for anything related to the 252ND Coast Artillery Regiment.

I'm new to this forum. Who would have thought that these helmets would be collectable? I wish I would have kept mine. Quite a few years later I ended up buying one from RGuns. It is new and didn't have the use as the k-pot.

While at 227 Engineer Company with Hawaii Army National Guard I was issued a dougnut pad. I kept it in the plastic bag to collect. I bought a PX one to use. The issued doughnut has disintegrated so I don't have it anymore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.