PASGT Stats

Bugme

06061514.jpg

3. The ACH / MICH / TBH (US Army and currently now begin to be used by some USMC troops) ;

bae_cimg_mps_ie_ach_latestReleased_bae_cimg_mps_ie_ach_Web.jpg

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0897.JPG

ACU%20MICH%20CHIN%20HARESS.jpg

For this model, there's some manufacturers ; BAE Systems, MSA, Gentex, Specialty Defense (SDS),...

And another sort of foam inserts (for infantry ?) ;

vue%20intérieure%20d

That pad, called a donut, was a common item for sale in the PX and clothing sales. It was sold purely to make the helmet a little bit more comfortable. I personally used a small sized flight helmet liner (a TPL) cut down a little bit to make my helmet even more comfortable.

That pad, called a donut, was a common item for sale in the PX and clothing sales. It was sold purely to make the helmet a little bit more comfortable. I personally used a small sized flight helmet liner (a TPL) cut down a little bit to make my helmet even more comfortable.

Agreed, PX purchase. I never saw them issued. Interesting story, about these. When I was 18 and back from basic, I had a problem with my M1 and the bony protruberances on my head (knot head) Having grown up as a carpet installer, I would take the yellow foam carpet pad and put it between the liner and the webbing. When that didn't work, I put another layer above the webbing. This marginally worked as the center would pucker and still create a hot spot. I then cut the center out and foun a two inch circle would stop the pucker and made a world of difference. Then I learned that if I cut it so that it would fit up under the head band, it would stay in place and never come out unless pulled out. This was in 84. I outfitted my entire company free of charge and was the hit of the guys. Carpet pad scraps were always available and I was always in stock, selling them for a $1 apiece. Then someone decided to use an inferior foam, market it, and put me out of business. While their product was much inferior and $3 as opposed to my $1, because it was a PX purchase, my pads lost favor. Oh well, such is life.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I deployed to Iraq for the first time in February 2004. As you can see by the picture we had a mixture of gear and weapons. In our company we had the older PASGT Helmet and the newer ACH. M16A2 Rifle and M4 Carbine.

post-19270-0-65361700-1375237534.jpg

• 1 year later...

I'm new to this forum. Who would have thought that these helmets would be collectable? I wish I would have kept mine. Quite a few years later I ended up buying one from RGuns. It is new and didn't have the use as the k-pot.

• 1 year later...

While at 227 Engineer Company with Hawaii Army National Guard I was issued a dougnut pad. I kept it in the plastic bag to collect. I bought a PX one to use. The issued doughnut has disintegrated so I don't have it anymore.

• 5 years later...
Chim Chim the Diminutive

The original sizing plan included only Small, Medium, and Large. The Extra Small was added to accommodate a growing number of women in the military. The Extra Large was added at the request of a senior officer with an extraordinarily large head (I have confirmed this story with two authoritative people who worked on the XL). 

I know Unicor made 1000 XL Pasgts. Did anyone else make them?

• 2 months later...

I’d love to see list of companies that manufactured PASGT helmets. Here are six that I have, post whatever you’ve seen to and I’ll get them added.

- Unicor

- Devils Lake Sioux Mfg.

- Stemaco Prod.

- Gentex Corporation

- Gibraltar Industries

- Spec. Plastic Prod.

15 hours ago, irvwyner said:

ARe the newer chinstraps LWH suspensions  able to be installed in the old PASGT Helmets? 

Yes

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I would like to know if anyone has used, uses or has information on the SKYDEX PASGT BALLISTIC HELMET UPGRADE KIT SUSPENSION PADS CHINSTRAP HARDWARE system in size 3/4, I bought it, I have a PASGT size M and once installed I found it a shocking inconvenience. the pads are uncomfortable and the chin cup is small for my chin. The helmet is unstable and dances like never before.

anyone have news about it?

• 8 months later...
On 5/23/2008 at 6:55 AM, hawkdriver said:

Several reasons for the switch to the ACH. First and foremost is the inability of soldiers to have full vision capability while wearing body armor when in the prone position. With the new IBA, it was almost physically impossible to lay in the prone and be able to tilt your head up enough to get a sight picture. When issued my IBA, I still had the old PASGT for awhile and the only way I could qualify was to turn my helmet around backwards so that I could get my head up far enough to see the sights.

Meh I simply ditched the Neck Protector with my IBA