Ready To Eat Meal Identification Request

Clayton

Hello Gents;

We have been told this is a ready to eat meal issued during the Vietnam War. Does anyone recognize this meal as being from the Vietnam War period? There doesn't seem to be a date on this pack.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Our very best regards to all,

Clay

post-35523-0-91115000-1384630192.jpg

MRE's first entered production in 1981. Aside from the freeze-dried LRP rations, which did come in a pouch, the most common field rations of the Vietnam War period were the canned "Meal, Combat, Individual".

As already stated the corned beef hash was introduced in 1988 but it didn't stay long. Something about the consistency of Alpo and the taste of recycled Alpo.The Vietnam era LRP rations were packaged in the same brown bag but they were all freeze dried rations from Mountain House. This was also mentioned (dang stubby fingers).

bear, some of the LRRP rations were issued in a green bag that was some sort of cloth/fiber product. tough to tear into, but the taste was an improvement over the stuff in the cans, if for no other reason than it was different. actually, i though the spaghetti was pretty good.

bear, some of the LRRP rations were issued in a green bag that was some sort of cloth/fiber product. tough to tear into, but the taste was an improvement over the stuff in the cans, if for no other reason than it was different. actually, i though the spaghetti was pretty good.

I don't remember the green LRP bags just the brown plastic ones. And you are right, the taste was much better. Are you referring to the C ration spaghetti or the LRP spaghetti? I do remember that the chili con carne beans would not rehydrate properly so it was like eating dry hard beans.