Bomb Group Memorials

27thdivcollector

91st BG (I really hope to get there someday, as I'm a life member of the 91st BG association)

This is on the grounds of former RAF Bassingbourn, now a Army training depot, which is best known as "Parris Island" from the movie Full Metal Jacket:

prop2.jpg

91st BG (I really hope to get there someday, as I'm a life member of the 91st BG association)

This is on the grounds of former RAF Bassingbourn, now a Army training depot, which is best known as "Parris Island" from the movie Full Metal Jacket:

prop2.jpg

I spent 10 weeks at Bassingbourn doing my basic training. The Aircraft hangers are still in use. One of them is now the gym. We also used to practice drill in one when the weather was bad.

The original 91st BG chapel is also still in use -spent many a Sunday in that old nissan hut.

The museum in the control tower is well worth a visit. Around the Airfield you can see many of the hard standings.

The original H Blocks are on the left hand side as you enter the main gate and are all still used (except the haunted one which is always locked).

Spent plenty of time running up and down the runway carrying telegraph poles and on march and shoot competitions. Happy days !!!!!! (well some of them were)

Rich

I spent 10 weeks at Bassingbourn doing my basic training. The Aircraft hangers are still in use. One of them is now the gym. We also used to practice drill in one when the weather was bad.

The original 91st BG chapel is also still in use -spent many a Sunday in that old nissan hut.

The museum in the control tower is well worth a visit. Around the Airfield you can see many of the hard standings.

The original H Blocks are on the left hand side as you enter the main gate and are all still used (except the haunted one which is always locked).

Spent plenty of time running up and down the runway carrying telegraph poles and on march and shoot competitions. Happy days !!!!!! (well some of them were)

Rich

I think if I remember correctly , my dad and uncle did some of their training there also???

LB