T/4 Walter E. Cummings 166th Signal Photo Corps

Hürtgenwald

I might have missed a few and will add some later. This is Bill Cummings at right and one of his California buddies at the end of the war. If anyone can ID him that would be great.

By the Summer of 1945 the 166th was in Marseilles France getting ready to ship off to the Pacific War. When the war ended most of the cameramen had the points to go home and some stayed into the occupation. Bill's memory book is from that time and I will show the signatures and comments written in it. It also has some reunion photos that are interesting.

post-122270-0-38264500-1385094482.jpg

USCapturephotos

Hey Hurtgenwald.

Been awhile since I've been on the forum when I came across your super photos. I wanted you to know that I am very close with a 93 year old vet named Eric Wiesenhutter. He was also in the 166th Signal Photo Battalion as a warrant officer. He was incharge of supplying the photographers with film and whatever supplies they needed. He is a super guy! Thanks for sharing and I am going to ask him if he knew your friend.

Paul

Hey Hurtgenwald.

Been awhile since I've been on the forum when I came across your super photos. I wanted you to know that I am very close with a 93 year old vet named Eric Wiesenhutter. He was also in the 166th Signal Photo Battalion as a warrant officer. He was incharge of supplying the photographers with film and whatever supplies they needed. He is a super guy! Thanks for sharing and I am going to ask him if he knew your friend.

Paul

Paul,

Be sure to thank Mr. Wiesenhutter for his service. Bill always admired the front line soldiers and never considered himself any kind of hero. Just being there makes them heroes to me.

Brad

USCapturephotos

Ok Brad. Will do. I actually called him and left him a message this morning. He will call me back most likely tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving!

Paul

USCapturephotos

I can't wait to show these to Mr. Weisenhutter. He may be able to id some of the guys that are unidentified. The problem is he has had real problems with his eyesight starting this year but we can try.

Paul

I can't wait to show these to Mr. Weisenhutter. He may be able to id some of the guys that are unidentified. The problem is he has had real problems with his eyesight starting this year but we can try.

Paul

Paul,

I am taking photos of the signatures in Bill's memory book. Mr. Weisenhutter's signature is there. Ask him all he knows about those last days before shipping home.

Thanks,

Brad

USCapturephotos

Oh my gosh Brad. That is awesome. I can't wait to see it and tell him. I tried calling him this weekend but didn't get ahold of him. This week though I hope. Take care!

Paul