T/4 Walter E. Cummings 166th Signal Photo Corps

Hürtgenwald

Hurtgenwald,

Fantastic photos! Very interesting story T/4 Cummings. Thank you for posting the photos and sharing his service!

• 4 months later...
Hürtgenwald

I wanted to update this thread by adding that I finally got the photo images of the camp at Ohrdruf to the people at the National Holocaust Museum.

• 4 months later...

Great collection- I have a friend that has access to another camerman from the 166th Joe Zinni and many of the photos are rare and unseen too. I was wondering if it is possible to get larger scans of a few of the ones you posted?

• 1 month later...

Great collection- I have a friend that has access to another camerman from the 166th Joe Zinni and many of the photos are rare and unseen too. I was wondering if it is possible to get larger scans of a few of the ones you posted?

Naptowneer,

I returned Bill's memory book to his wife today and told her about how many views this thread has had. She is grateful that the photos were enjoyed by so many and glad that some will be published. Let me know when your book comes out.

I didn't have but five minutes of her time and did not get to ask her some questions about some of the faces in the photos. Next time.

Brad

• 1 year later...

Sorry to add to an old post, but I found this while looking through some videos of the 4th AD. You can clearly see Cummings with Russians in May of 45.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! Thanks for finding that Delta1on1. It has been awhile since I checked this post. Bill is also dancing with the Russian early in the footage. He was a professional dancer before the war.